Short Codes Deluxe – short codes category icons, 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Short Codes Deluxe – short codes category icons, 403 error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am using a plugin by Mark Dulisse called Short Codes Deluxe. It appears that it may violate BPS security rules, as I get the following message when clicking on the short codes category icons provided in the content editor. Can you provide some help for me on this? Thanks.

— error message —

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /wp-content/plugins/shortcodedeluxe/admin/codes/contentbox-popup.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Try this plugin skip/bypass rule below and let me know if it works.

1. Copy this code below to this BPS Root Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE PLUGIN/THEME SKIP/BYPASS RULES
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

# Short Codes Deluxe skip/bypass rule
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/plugins/shortcodedeluxe/ [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=13]

No help on that one. Try another?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I need to see the error from your BPS Security Log file.  Hopefully it has more information about what is being blocked.  Also to confirm that BPS is actually causing this 403 error do these troubleshooting steps first.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting

1. On the Security Modes page, click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Deactivate button. See Custom Code Note if doing this step works.
    Test at this point to see if the block is being caused by the root htaccess file. If you are not seeing a 403 error then stop here and do not do Step #2.
    2. On the Security Modes page, click the wp-admin Folder BulletProof Mode Deactivate button.  See Custom Code Note if doing this step works.

Thank you!

After following your procedures, I noticed a change in the error message – though I was still getting one. This led me to believe that there might be an issue with another security plugin. I located that plugin and uninstalled it. BPS is now working smoothly with Short Codes Deluxe.

I really appreciate you walking me through this.

– Dave

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The BPS Security Log logs all 403 errors whether they are caused by BPS or not.  We should probably add that info directly on the Security Log page.  Out of curiousity, which plugin was causing the issue?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.