Reset Dismiss Notices displays all Bonus Custom Codes

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Reset Dismiss Notices displays all Bonus Custom Codes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Johnny
    Participant

So I’ve put in a couple of bonus codes like author enumeration, mime-sniffing and Clickjacking. When I click the reset/recheck notices button, it still displays all of them, and even says that the three I’ve set are not set, so there’s nothing to reset. This is somewhat confusing. So is it supposed to verify if they are set? Or is it simply supposed to verify if the notice is being displayed and was not dismissed? I’m inclined to think the latter just because I can see them in my root .htaccess.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You are simply resetting all Dismiss Notices, which means display all Dismiss Notices again – nothing more and nothing less. 😉  This is the optimum desired functionality for various reasons.

Johnny
    Participant

Okay I see. I’m not a native speaker, but the language seems a bit confusing to me, mainly because of the “recheck” word. If it was just “reset” it would be more clear at least to me. Just some feedback you and your team may be interested in!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ah ok I see.  Recheck does not mean check if the Bonus Custom Code has been used or not.  It simply means recheck the Dismiss Notices again by resetting all of them. 😉  WordPress Dismiss Notices create/set db values under the wp_usermeta database table.  So resetting a Dismiss Notice means deleting the Dismiss Notice usermeta value so that the Dismiss Notice will be displayed again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.