Since last update – getting 401 on passw. prot. page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Since last update – getting 401 on passw. prot. page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hi there,

Since the last update I am getting a 401 error for users that use a password protected page on the site. I do know that it is to do with the BulletProof Security plugin as when I deactivate it the users can then access it. Obviously I don’t want to keep it deactivated. Can anyone help?

Many thanks…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Are you also using Basic Authentication to protect your /wp-admin/ backend or just Post or Page password protection?  Are you using the built-in WordPress method of password protecting a page using the option settings in the WP Post Editor or are you using some other method (another plugin or theme or builder option settings)? Regarding Basic Authentication – there is a known issue with Basic Authentication that is fixed by this htaccess code in the BPS root htaccess file:  ErrorDocument 401 default. That does not seem like the problem that is occurring though, but it is worth mentioning.

BPS has built-in troubleshooting methods. So activate the BPS plugin and do the BPS troubleshooting steps here > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting and let me know if any of the BPS security features are causing this problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.