Site Navigation Problem – 404 Errors

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Site Navigation Problem – 404 Errors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hhart

Using wp 3.5. & bulletproof free Version .47.8 The  wp blog in a directory called mazer on my website.  I installed bulletproof and implemented the security modes as I have done dozens of times of all my other wp blogs that are installed in root. But, this time an issue came up. I can access the blog that is in the directory  but when I try to navigate to any page, I get tossed back to the blog that is in my root directory with a message that there is no such page for any of the pages. Here is the site: http://www.onlywordpress.com/mazer/ The root blog at http://www.onlywordpress.com/ is now also doing the same thing after messing around and removing htaccess files all over the place. All was working well till I installed bulletproof. I already tried this:1. removed all .htaccess files in both root and directory – didn’t help and instead messed up blog in root as well such that it is now doing the same thing – won’t navigate to internal pages of site 2. deactivated  bulletproof in both blogs – didn’t help 3.  changed the code in root .htaccess file from:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /wordpress/ 
    to 
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule . /wordpress/index.php [L] 
    to 
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

Thanks…I love your plugin and know there is an answer! P.S. I can access the backend of both blogs ut the problem is on the front end only.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Either you do not have a valid custom permalink structure or you have not used the [obsolete-removed] buttons to create your Master files.  Click the [obsolete-removed] buttons and activate BulletProof Modes and see what happens then.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/

hhart

That did it. I forgot to use the auto magic buttons first.
    Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep it is usually the easy stuff that messes you up.  😉  At least that is true in my case.  ha ha ha

hhart

One more question. When I move the temp site in the mazer directory over to their domain ( I will be using backup buddy),  will I need to generate a new auto magic htaccess file. Just curoius….
    Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If your folder structure and folder name stays the same then you would not need to Activate BulletProof Modes.  If your folder structure or folder name changes then you would need to Activate BulletProof Modes on the final/production site.

Examples:
    This is assuming that you are building your website in a folder called /dev-folder and plan to move the site when it is finished to /production-folder
    /dev-folder to /production-folder – you would need to use [obsolete-removed] because your folder name is different.
    /dev-folder to / – a foward slash just means a root website.  You would be moving a subdirectory site to a root folder and would need to use the [obsolete-removed] buttons because both folder name and folder structure would be different.
    /dev-folder to /dev-folder – assuming you build your development site in a folder named exactly what the production site’s folder name will be with the exact same folder structure, which is subdirectory to subdirectory site.  You would not need to use the [obsolete-removed] buttons.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.