Site not showing in searches

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Site not showing in searches

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Finding
    Participant

Good day to you all – I have a site for a cancer support group and it seems to be absent in searches! I have not had this problem before and I wondered if there may be an issue using BPS and that I may have “upset” the search bots etc!

Is there any way I may have set something in BPS and caused an error?

Many thanks

Mike

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you have added any additional IP address or User Agent blocking .htaccess code to BPS Pro Custom Code or directly in your Root .htaccess file then it is possible to accidentally block the Google bot and other Search engine bots.

What do you see when you check for indexed pages using this search:  site:ait-pro.com (replace ait-pro.com with your actual domain name)

As far as SEO/page ranking goes BPS Pro does not affect SEO or page ranking in any way.

Things to check for problems would be your sitemap.xml file, your robots.txt file, any SEO plugins you are using and other things of that nature.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I cross referenced your user image and your name and found this site:  photoxxxxx.com (full domain not disclosed for privacy).

I see:  About 176 results – Google indexed pages for this site.

Doing a search using this combination:   [key phrase] [your domain name] produces search results.

Summary:

Your pages are being indexed by search engines.  Your pages/posts are ranked in search results.  If your page and post rankings are dropping then this is because of an SEO change that you have made or competitors are now outranking your posts.

Mike Finding
    Participant

bowelcancersupportgroup.co.uk

Many thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I should have added that domain earlier…

Mike

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There are no indexed pages for this website.

site:bowelcancersupportgroup.co.uk – 0 Google indexed pages.

Possible causes of the problem:

1.  Splash Intro page used instead of a standard home page.

2.  The site is set to discourage Search Engines in the WordPress Settings.

It is not that the site is very new.  The site age is:

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 29-Apr-2013
    Expiry date:  29-Apr-2015
    Last updated:  29-Apr-2013

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Check WordPress Settings >>> Readings >>> Search Engine Visibility >>> should NOT be checked for >>> Discourage search engines from indexing this site

Mike Finding
    Participant

MANY thanks once again – I did wonder if that darn splash page MIGHT be a possible cause….

I will look into that – the site isn’t set to discourage searches, so I can only think it could be that splash page….

Many thanks for your help….

Bye for now

Mike

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I just checked and this website does not have a sitemap file.  Install Google XML Sitemaps and submit a sitemap to Google so Google will index this website’s pages.  Also create a Google Webmaster Tools account so that you can check the sitemap and test Google indexing of this website.

If you create a sitemap and submit it to Google then most likely even with the Splash Intro page, Google will find the pages you want Google to index for this site, but Splash Intro pages are known to cause problems with natural indexing of websites.  By creating a sitemap you compensate for that known problem.

Mike Finding
    Participant

Ok – great point and actually I usually do add the sitemap plugin…. My bad that I didn’t this time!

Thank you again for your very quick help…

Bye for now

Mike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.