Social Networks Auto-Poster SNAP Plugin unable to access WP Image

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Social Networks Auto-Poster SNAP Plugin unable to access WP Image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Wedge910
    Participant

Hi folks,

This problem has been back and forth over the tech reps net long enough. I really get to get either resolution or a place where to get it. I am not a WP geek, so the technical terms I am not familiar with.

Here’s where I stand with the issue with the latest info from the SNAP rep below:
    I am not sure what kind of assistance we can provide at this point. Our plugin sends the link to your image to Pinterest. Pinterest asks your server to give him that image. Your server answers “No way”. Pinterest reports “Sorry we could not fetch the image” error. The issue is between pinterest and your server. Most probably your server has active protection (usually called hotlinking protection) that rejects all attempts to download your images without html page where they embedded. You need to check your hosting panel or contact your hosting provider about that issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am not sure what he is telling. Your assistance and suggestions are greatly appreciated. If BPS is blocking image access by thhe Plugin SNAP, how can I remedy this situation and allow SNAP to access an image URL?

Thanks,
    Wedge

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Check your BPS Security Log and post the security log entry that is related to this plugin.  Please only post the Security Log entry that is related to this plugin and not your entire Security Log file contents.

Do the standard BPS troubleshooting steps here to confirm or eliminate that BPS is causing the issue/problem:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting

Wedge910
    Participant

Hi,

Here is the BPS log entry for Pinterest issue:

Array ( [0] => Array ( [date] => 2014-06-08 16:21:52 [act] => Error [msg] => -=ERROR=- Array ( [pgID] => [isPosted] => 0 [pDate] => 2014-06-08 23:21:49 [Error] => Something went wrong - Array ( [api_error_code] => 1 [message] => Sorry we could not fetch the image. [code] => API_ERROR [target] => [http_status] => 400 ) ) [extInfo] => TEST [type] => E [nt] => <span style="color: #fa5069;">Pinterest</span> - Pinterest SNAP ) )

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for your assistance and have a nice day!
    G

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Not sure what that is, but it is not a BPS Security Log entry.  Go to the BPS Security Log page and post any log entries that are related to this plugin.

Wedge910
    Participant

Please accept my apology. I sent you the plugin error log. My bad. I have been trying to locate the BPS Security Log and have been unable to locate it. Forgive my lack of knowledge. I receive it weekly, but I can’t locate it on the website. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. I’ll keep looking in the meantime.

Thanks,
    G

Wedge910
    Participant

Hi,

Here is a BPS Security Error Log entry for pinterest from last month:

[403 GET / HEAD Request: May 7, 2014 - 9:56 PM]
    Event Code: BFHS - Blocked/Forbidden Hacker or Spammer
    Solution: N/A - Hacker/Spammer Blocked/Forbidden
    REMOTE_ADDR: 95.215.0.27
    Host Name: 95.215.0.27
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /emergency-water-filter-equipment/?share=pinterest
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

I hope this helps.
    G

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I went to your site and successfully pinned an image to Pinterest using your Pinterest share button so I do not see any problems.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/526780487637009746/

Wedge910
    Participant

I am still confused. Why do I get the error message and an image URL cannot be included with the post when there is not image in the post.

The SNAP  error log entry that I sent you before kind of says that. The SNAP tech says the SNAP is OK an the problem must be a conflict with some other plugin. I’ve been chasing this problem for months.

Any insight you can provide will certainly help. What is the BPS Error Log trying to tell me.
    G

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Where and when exactly are you seeing the error message.  Be very specific with exact details using exact technical names for things.  ie “I am trying to add an image from this WordPress page X/plugin page X/theme page X, when I do steps X and click button X, I then see an error message and the image is not posted.”

The Securty log entry is what I used to find your website and successfully pin an image on Pinterest.  The Security log entry is a month old.  The problem may be internal and not external.  So far I do not have enough information about how, what, when or where to be able to guess what the problem is or begin to troubleshoot the problem.

Also have you done the BPS troubleshooting steps in this link below to confirm or eliminate BPS as causing the problem?  If not, then please do the troubleshooting steps in the link below and let me know the results of troubleshooting.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting

Wedge910
    Participant

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in sending you the requested information. I followed the steps in the link you provided for troubleshooting. Below are the results when I try to send a test message from the Pinterest settings of the Plugin SNAP:

[403 GET / HEAD Request: June 16, 2014 - 2:53 PM]
    REMOTE_ADDR: 50.63.141.164
    Host Name: ip-50-63-141-164.ip.secureserver.net
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_REFERER: http://www.5staremergencymedicalsupplies.com/wp-login.php
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-login.php
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36

Below is the error message from the SNAP Pinterest settings after I tried to send the test message:

Array ( [pgID] => [isPosted] => 0 [pDate] => 2014-06-16 23:23:57 [Error] => Something went wrong - Array ( [api_error_code] => 1 [message] => Sorry we could not fetch the image. [code] => API_ERROR [target] => [http_status] => 400 ) )

Below is the URL for the image that is to be sent:
    5staremergencymedicalsupplies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Hurricane-preparedness‎/

Here is the link to the Pinterest Settings page for the Plugin SNAP:

5staremergencymedicalsupplies.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=NextScripts_SNAP.php

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide or do.
    Thanks,
    G

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Security Log entry is not related to the SNAP plugin and is probably just a blocked brute force login attempt.  The SNAP error check does not mean anything to me, but it is odd that a 400 error is the problem – that usually means you have a coding problem.  Unfortunately, none of these things give me any clues as to what might be going on.

have you done the BPS troubleshooting steps in this link below to confirm or eliminate BPS as causing the problem?  If not, then please do the troubleshooting steps in the link below and let me know the results of troubleshooting.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting

Wedge910
    Participant

As I mentioned in the previous message, I did the troubleshooting steps. Then I restored as the steps indicated. I don’t have any other recent log entries. For the same error, I do have some that are over two months old if they will help. They relate to the same issue then as it does now. Nothing else has changed.

[403 GET / HEAD Request: May 7, 2014 - 9:56 PM]
    REMOTE_ADDR: 95.215.0.27
    Host Name: 95.215.0.27
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /emergency-water-filter-equipment/?share=pinterest
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

Let me know where I can get further data.
    G

Wedge910
    Participant

If we make the assumption that with hotlink protection in BPS being activated, would assing Pinterest to a white list be appropriate? Just a thought.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When you do the BPS troubleshooting steps you do Step1 test, step2 test, step3 test, etc.  What you are doing is trying to isolate exactly which thing in BPS is causing the issue.  Root .htaccess file or wp-admin .htaccess file in this case.  I don’t think Login Security would have anything to do with this.  So what I was hoping to get from you is – “I did step X and tested pinterest and it worked”.  Which would tell me exactly where the problem is.  or if you have done all the troubleshooting steps and the problem is still occurring then it is not being caused by BPS or related to BPS.

Yes, hotlink protection code would definitely block pinterest unless you whitelist their domain.  For troubleshooting to confirm that is the problem – remove or comment out the hotlink protection code and test.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

[Post manually moved to the correct Topic]

Below are the BPS Error log entries that are to the issue. This ws when I perfo0rmed the troubleshooting steps disussed in the previous email.

[403 GET / HEAD Request: June 16, 2014 - 5:08 PM]
    Event Code: BFHS – Blocked/Forbidden Hacker or Spammer
    Solution: N/A – Hacker/Spammer Blocked/Forbidden
    REMOTE_ADDR: 97.74.24.132
    Host Name: p3nlhg172.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.0
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Hurricane-preparedness
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: WordPress/4.0-alpha; http://www.ait-pro.com/wordpress-testing-website

[403 GET / HEAD Request: June 16, 2014 - 5:09 PM]
    Event Code: BFHS – Blocked/Forbidden Hacker or Spammer
    Solution: N/A – Hacker/Spammer Blocked/Forbidden
    REMOTE_ADDR: 97.74.24.132
    Host Name: p3nlhg172.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.0
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Hurricane-preparedness
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: WordPress/4.0-alpha; http://www.ait-pro.com/wordpress-testing-website

Your thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.