Social Media Feather

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Social Media Feather

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DVDR
    Participant

This plugin seems to have a conflict with BPS Pro – either I deactivate the plugin OR BPS pro. Both can’t be active together – I do get a blank screen in the backend and cannot access the plugin-page in the admin-section anymore (I need to ftp into my installation and rename or delete the folder of that plugin).

I have found no way to make that work, not even by writing a rule for it, like I needed to do it for some other plugins:

# Adminer MySQL management tool data populate
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/plugins/social-media-feather/ [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=16]

find more information about that plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-media-feather/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, that sounds like a plugin conflict.  I will download, install and test the Social Media Feather and post back here shortly.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok installed and tested Social Media Feather and I am not seeing that problem.  Maybe you are maxed out on memory?  As a test do this:  deactivate several of your other plugins (by doing that you are freeing up memory) and then activate Social Media Feather and BPS Pro.  Also reinstall WordPress by doing these steps: Click on the Dashboard menu > Updates menu > Re-Install Now button.  Let me know what happens.

DVDR
    Participant

Thanks for looking into the matter. I did, what you suggested and came up with the following: I can run both social media feather and BPS Pro without a problem, when I deactivate WPML translation management (active plugins of WPML are: CMS Nav, Media, Multilinugal CMS, Sticky Links and String Translation). The moment, I do activate translation management on top of that, I can’t access the backend. I can, though, activate translation management when, beforehand, I deactivate BPS Pro.

Does that sound being maxed out of memory? Can you suggest a tool to test that?

BTW.: Since WordPress version 4.4 broke my shortcodes, I reverted the installation back to 4.3.1 manually following the known procedures.

Thanks, again, for providing help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The symptoms are classic/typical symptoms of memory being maxed out, but it could be some other problem.  Go to the BPS System Info page and post this System Information:

PHP Version:
    PHP Memory Usage:
    WordPress Admin Memory Limit:
    WordPress Base Memory Limit:
    PHP Actual Configuration Memory Limit:

DVDR
    Participant

PHP Version: 5.5.26
    PHP Memory Usage: 35.68 MB
    WordPress Admin Memory Limit: 256M
    WordPress Base Memory Limit: 256M
    PHP Actual Configuration Memory Limit: 150M

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Looks like it is not a memory problem.  150M is plenty of memory and you are currently only using 35.68M of that 150M.  What may be occurring is some sort of database problem.  I am pretty sure there are no conflicts with WPML and BPS and the bigger problem is obviously not with any one specific plugin and has something to do with the total number of plugins activated at one time.  The problem could of course be some sort of chain reaction combination problem or something else that is not obvious.  Or the rollback to 4.3.1 did not take correctly.  ie there are database differences or problems with your database or files occurring on your site.

Recommendation:  Install a new WordPress test website with WordPress 4.4 and install all of your plugins EXCEPT for whichever plugin’s shortcodes are not working due to some issue with WP 4.4.

DVDR
    Participant

Hello, just updating you with some information, I got from my provider:
    “You have 10 seconds CPU-time, 48MB Ram are able to run 25 processes in parallel.”

About the rollback I did: I had the problems before, even before even updating to 4.3.1.  I hoped, I would get rid of the problems with 4.4, so I installed it, but the situation got worse. But since 4.3.1 seemed to be the “safest” update to roll back, I rolled back to that one.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Have your host support check the server logs for any clues about what problem is occurring.  Also the reason for creating a duplicate test website is so that you can find out conclusively if the problem is with the server itself or your database and with a duplicate test/development site you can do more extensive troubleshooting without affecting visitors since this test/development site should not be indexed and crawled by search engines or visited by visitors and should just be for testing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.