Syndication feed – SSL cURL error 35: gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS fatal alert has been received

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Syndication feed – SSL cURL error 35: gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS fatal alert has been received

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

I believe the issue I’m experiencing is relevant to this thread. I have an art community directory site and blog, and I syndicate the blogs of member artists, many of whom are also my web design clients, so I have access to their sites and have set up their security. Any sites that were already syndicated before adding SSL seem to continue working fine on the syndication feed, yet after adding SSL to two clients’ sites, they asked me to syndicate their posts to my art blog and I’m getting errors. :

Diagnostic information
    HTTP request failure
    cURL error 35: gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
    HTTP Transport: string(12) “WP_Http_Curl”
    I just tried whitelisting the art blog on one client’s site, but I must not have done it right as the site went down as soon as I activated the revised htaccess file. Could you coach me through this please?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do BPS Pro troubleshooting steps to confirm or eliminate that BPS Pro is causing the problem:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Check your BPS Pro Security Log for any Security Log entries that show that BPS is blocking this.
    Doing a general Google search produces results such as:  Your host is using GnuTLS rather than OpenSSL for cURL and that the problem most likely has to to with something on your web host server.  It is possible though that the BPS Root htaccess file is blocking the Request if the User Agent String contains cURL or something else that is blocked.  If BPS is blocking this you will see a Security Log entry for this in your Security Log.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.