Themify – Mobile theme 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Themify – Mobile theme 403 error

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

I noticed today that the mobile menu isn’t functioning properly on one of my sites using BPS Pro. It works when I’m signed in as an admin to WordPress, but when I’m not signed into WordPress and I click on the mobile menu, nothing happens at all. I have other sites using the same WordPress theme as this one, but not BPS Pro, and the mobile menu on those sites works fine.

When inspecting the site with Safari’s “Responsive Design Mode” I see the following errors:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) (/wp-content/uploads/themify-builder/cache/itheme2/scripts/12/single/header-2723407904.js?ver=2.5.0, line 0)
    [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) (/wp-content/uploads/themify-builder/cache/itheme2/scripts/12/single/footer-2723407904.js?ver=2.5.0, line 0)
    [Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: jQuery

Do you have any idea what’s happening there? Or how to fix it? Is it something related BPS Pro?

Thank you!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The error messages show that js files stored in the WordPress /uploads folder are being blocked by BPS Pro UAEG.  Do these steps below to whitelist all themify js files stored in this /uploads/themify-builder/ folder. You will be adding the SetEnvIf Request_URI "themify-builder/.*$" whitelist rule above the FilesMatch section of code and adding the Allow from env=whitelist and Require env whitelist lines of code as shown below.

1. Copy and paste your entire Uploads .htaccess file code from the “Your Current Uploads htaccess File” tab on the htaccess File Editor page into the CUSTOM CODE UAEG text box.
    2. Edit/modify/customize your UAEG htaccess code – see edited code below.
    3. Click the Save UAEG Custom Code button to save your UAEG custom code.
    4. Go to the Security Modes page and click the UAEG BulletProof Mode Activate button.

# Whitelist an entire folder in the uploads folder: /uploads/themify-builder/
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "themify-builder/.*$" whitelist
    #
    # FORBID THESE FILE EXTENSIONS FROM BEING ACCESSED OR EXECUTED REMOTELY
    <FilesMatch "\.(7z|as|bat|bin|cgi|chm|chml|class|cmd|com|command|dat|db|db2|db3|dba|dll|DS_Store|exe|gz|hta|htaccess|htc|htm|html|htx|idc|ini|ins|isp|jar|jav|java|js|jse|jsfl|json|jsp|jsx|lib|lnk|out|php|phps|php5|php4|php3|phtml|phpt|pl|py|pyd|pyc|pyo|rar|shtm|shtml|sql|swf|sys|tar|taz|tgz|tpl|vb|vbe|vbs|war|ws|wsf|xhtml|xml|z)$">
    <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
    Require env whitelist
    Require all denied
    </IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
    <IfModule mod_access_compat.c>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from env=whitelist
    Deny from all
    </IfModule>
    </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Thank you so much. That resolved the issue!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Merry X-Mas.  🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.