This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

not totally sure where to post, but i kept getting wrong password, so i asked for another but now keep getting
    Unauthorized

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.
    401 code
    just wondering should i delete htaccess and try again?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Are you using Directory Password protection htaccess code for your wp-admin folder?  I did some Google searches and the majority of those results state that the Host added additional login protection.  So contact your Host and ask them if that is what is happening.

Paul
    Participant

well it was working earlier, now it has come back, so i entered email to get new password but that is not recognised, entered user name then i get original issue. not had an issue all day until tonight

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok, but you need to contact your web host about this.  This is not something that BPS does/is doing.  BPS does not have any messages like “This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested” and when I do Google searches for that search term the majority of people fix the problem by contacting their web host.

Paul
    Participant

how can i turn auto quarantine off incase they start changing htaccess?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro > AutoRestore > ARQ Cron Check On|Off (AutoRestore On|Off): > Turn Off ARQ Cron.
    AutoRestore|Quarantine Guide:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

Paul
    Participant

yes but i can’t log in lol

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok then use BPS Pro Xternal Tools to turn Off AutoRestore.  Xternal Tools XTF Guide:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-xtf-guide/ or you can do the old school method and rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.

Paul
    Participant

Apparently Mod security on the server was conflicting with some rules on my website. Cheers for pointing me in right direction.  All sites were the same on this server

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, I should have mentioned that since in the Google search results about 20% of those search results stated that mod_security was causing the problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.