too many quarantine emails

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro too many quarantine emails

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    handsunc
    Participant

Hi, last night one website sent me way too many emails every few minutes (maybe over 50, I did not count) on 7 quarantined files, https://prnt.sc/DIE3nkNHRVTT how can I prevent this from happening again?

Also the other day, I got quarantines on wp-config on about 20 websites, when I check there are no changes in the file. I don’t want to exclude wp-config (or should I?) Is there a way to stop this also? https://prnt.sc/RYuqBBFL0F17

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Carin

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

By default the AutoRestore|Quarantine email alerts should be sent once every 15 minutes. So either new files were being quarantined every couple of minutes or your web host mail server was sending duplicate emails.  You can exclude files from being checked by AutoRestore by using the form at the top of the Quarantine page.

Most likely the repeated wp-config.php file quarantines is due to a caching plugin or some other plugin that is trying to write to your wp-config.php file repeatedly. Restore any of the wp-config.php files in Quarantine to stop that from happening.

handsunc
    Participant

Hi I do use caching on all my sites, one site just got 2000 wp-configs quarantined. How can I change frequency of notifications on this? I have jusstexcluded wp-config now from checks, even though that is not my preference. AndI can’t delete the files from backend, so do I login to cpanel and delette the quarantine folder, do I ave to turn off auto restore to do this. Thanks, I am trying to get the plugin to run without filling my inbox with notifications. I appreciate your help. Thanks, Carin

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I never added a time setting for AutoRestore|Quarantine email alerts.  The only 2 option settings are: Send emails or Do Not send emails.  BPS Pro > Display & Alert Options > ARQ: When A File Has Been AutoRestored|Quarantined.

To delete all of the Quarantine database rows in Quarantine use the steps below.

Clearing/Deleting excessive database entries in the Quarantine table and old quarantined files.
    If you have excessive quarantine database table entries and are unable to delete them using the Quarantine Delete Files option use the steps below.

1. Go the BPS Pro > Tools menu/page > DB Table Cleaner|Remover tool tab page.
    2. Delete the quarantine database table by clicking the Drop Radio button for this database table: xx_bpspro_arq_quarantine
    3. Click the Empty|Drop button to delete the BPS quarantine database table. A new empty BPS quarantine database table will be automatically created.
    4. Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete all folders under the BPS Quarantine folder located here: /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/

handsunc
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.