Litespeed Cache plugin htaccess code is not found in the Root htaccess code or BPS Custom code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Litespeed Cache plugin htaccess code is not found in the Root htaccess code or BPS Custom code

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jaiji
    Participant

Hi, I’m working on a redevelopment of a WooCommerce site which is now on a staging domain, otiginally exported as a direct clone of the live site before redeveloping with a different theme.

The old/current live site has Litespeed Cache enabled and working fine. I’ve just activated Litespeed Cache on the staging site and followed instructions re unlocking htaccess, adjusting Litespeed settings and running the Setup Wizard, but I keep getting the message that Litespeed Cache plugin htaccess code is not found in the Root htaccess code or BPS Custom code. I’re repeated the steps several times but keep getting the same message.

Originally, there was Litespeed Cache custom code in the htaccess files (stll got the above message) but it was inherited from the live site and referenced that setup so I removed it before trying the above steps several more times.

Any ideas?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Try doing a complete uninstall of BPS (click Uninstall Options > complete uninstall), reinstall BPS and run the Setup Wizard.  Also make sure that your wp-config.php file has the new staging site’s DB connection info and not the Live site’s DB connection info.

Jaiji
    Participant

That did it, thank you. Momentary heart-skipping-beat at the thought of the wrong details in wp-config but all good.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great! Glad that worked.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

General Help Info:

Typical LiteSpeed Cache plugin setup steps:

If you just installed LiteSpeed Cache then go to the BPS htaccess File Editor page, click the Unlock htaccess File button, then go to the LiteSpeed Cache plugin settings page, choose and save the LiteSpeed Cache plugin settings that you want to use and then run the BPS Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard to automatically setup/combine LiteSpeed Cache and BPS htaccess code together.

In some cases you may need to deactivate and activate the LiteSpeed Cache plugin and then run the BPS Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.