Turn Off magic_quotes_gpc

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Turn Off magic_quotes_gpc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:
    My vps has magic quotes ON by default. And I would like to turn them off and i know the code to put into the .htaccess but i have two questions. If i turn it off – I think then i have to generate new bulletproof files via your buttons – correct? And if I turn them off and my website has been live for over a year with them ON, will my database also contain the extra \ marks that will then corrupt my db when i turn them off?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Turning off magic_quotes_gpc should not cause any problems. Single quotes, double quotes, backslashes and null characters in all user-supplied data all have a backslash prepended to them before being passed to a script. If you have a CGI configured Server then you would turn Off magic_quotes_gpc by adding/changing magic_quotes_gpc = On to magic_quotes_gpc = Off in your custom php.ini file. If you have a DSO configured Server or a LiteSpeed Server that allows you to use php_flag and php_value in an htaccess file then you would add php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off to your htaccess file. You should also turn Off magic_quotes_runtime. CGI Server:  magic_quotes_runtime = Off in your custom php.ini file. DSO Server: php_flag magic_quotes_runtime Off in your htaccess file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.