WordPress Emoji code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress Emoji code

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jose
    Participant

Hi,

Recently I installed WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin. Two days ago I deactivated Twitter Cards Options because I don’t need this option. At the top of the source code, there’s a javascript code of Twitter Emoji (which I don’t know what it is). The problem is that my website is running slowly and I don’t need it. I’ve deleted the plugin a reinstalled again, but this code continues running into my site, even when WP-SEO is deleted. Is there any way I can delete this code through BPS Pro Plugin tools?

<!-- / Yoast WordPress SEO plugin. --><script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
    window._wpemojiSettings = {"baseUrl":"http:\/\/s.w.org\/images\/core\/emoji\/72x72\/","ext":".png","source":{"concatemoji":"http:\/\/www.mysite.com\/wp-includes\/js\/wp-emoji-release.min.js?ver=4.2.1"}};             !function(a,b,c){function d(a){var c=b.createElement("canvas"),d=c.getContext&&c.getContext("2d");return d&&d.fillText?(d.textBaseline="top",d.font="600 32px Arial","flag"===a?(d.fillText(String.fromCharCode(55356,56812,55356,56807),0,0),c.toDataURL().length>3e3):(d.fillText(String.fromCharCode(55357,56835),0,0),0!==d.getImageData(16,16,1,1).data[0])):!1}function e(a){var c=b.createElement([code neutered]);c.src=a,c.type="text/javascript",b.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(c)}var f;c.supports={simple:d("simple"),flag:d("flag")},c.supports.simple&&c.supports.flag||(f=c.source||{},f.concatemoji?e(f.concatemoji):f.wpemoji&&f.twemoji&&(e(f.twemoji),e(f.wpemoji)))}(window,document,window._wpemojiSettings);
    // ]][code neutered]
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you have removed that option setting and/or deleted the plugin then that code should have been removed.  If you are using a caching plugin then your website pages may still have that code in the cached pages.  For example:  if you are using page cache then the Source Code of your website pages will be saved in page cache files.  Delete cached files in your caching plugin.  Also delete your Browser cache.  If you are still seeing the code in the Source Code of your website pages after deleting your cache then you can use the BPS Pro String|Function Finder Tool and the DB String Finder Tool to find where the code is.  Click the Read Me help buttons for each Tool for help and examples and how to use these Tools.

Jose
    Participant

It still appears so I’m going to try with String|Function Finder Tool and the DB String Finder Tool.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

[Topic Title was changed to accurately reflect the subject matter]

Oh too funny.  I just “really” looked at the code again.  It is not code that Yoast added.  It is new WordPress code that is included in WordPress.  The new WP code handles Emoji:  https://codex.wordpress.org/Emoji

Emoji are the ideograms or smileys 1f604.png used in electronic messages and Web pages. Originating in Japan on mobile devices, they are now commonly available on devices worldwide, ranging from mobile to desktop computers.

Different operating systems have distinct methods of accessing emoji. Note that these methods work in most applications, not just WordPress.

Emoji are not Smileys

Not quite. Emoji are a newer development than smileys (a.k.a. emoticons). They are created differently, and handled differently by operating systems and web browsers. For more information about smileys, please see the Using Smileys page.

Jose
    Participant

OK; so I’m thinking that this slower activity could be because of the most recent (and quick made) update 4.2.1. My site is taking to charge every page around 18-20 seconds. I remember that when I bought the template four years ago, the designer told me to delete some code at comments.php because I didn’t want to include comments. I will continue finding out what happens.:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.