UK Cookie Consent – Consent Notice displayed on each visit to website

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro UK Cookie Consent – Consent Notice displayed on each visit to website

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Lee
    Participant

>> “…you guys are brilliant.  You have kept my sites hack free for 2 years and counting…

Agreed, and yes, the same is true for all of my own sites.  Many thanks!

To the point of this post: I use the BPS “Speed Boost Cache Code” at all sites, and I also use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/uk-cookie-consent/ plugin…and that plugin’s “Consent Notice” displays every time I *return* to a site.  You can see that notice in action here:

http://www.nnysandbox.net/b6_development/

note: Clicking the green button at the top dismisses that notice.

Question: Is there a line I can edit or add or whatever in the BPS “Speed Boost Cache Code” so that notice can *remain* dismissed as long as a browser is set to remember its cookie (or however all of this works)?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Does the Speed Boost Cache code cause this to happen or are you asking a general question if there is something you can change to make this not happen with that plugin?  I will install and test this plugin to see how it works and if there are any conflicts with BPS.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

>> “Does the Speed Boost Cache code cause this to happen or are you asking a general question if there is something you can change to make this not happen with that plugin?

Great question, and it had never crossed my mind to deactivate that plugin to see whether that might make any difference.  I have so far just assumed the Speed Boost Cache code might be clearing something at the time of later visits to the site.

I am not aware of any conflicts, and I can definitely give you an account at my development site if you want to test things there.  Just let me know!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I will install and test this plugin on a testing site and see if there are any issues/conflicts with BPS.  If this is just the general way the plugin works then there may be a way to alter/modify that.  Will post that information back here after testing is completed.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually I tested using your website.  Using both Google Chrome and Firefox the UK Cookie Consent plugin works perfectly on your site.  When I first visit the site with either Browser I click the green button to store the Cookie.  When I revisit your site with either Browser I do not see the Consent Notice again.  When I delete the individual Cookie file for your site then I see the Consent Notice again.  If you have Cookies turned Off/blocked in your Browser settings then a Cookie would not be stored/saved even if you clicked the Consent Notice button.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

I thank you so very much.  I knew my browser’s settings at least could be involved here at my own screen, but now I know for certain how other people should be able to expect that notice to act.

maria thomas
    Participant

I have sites with links that go from the index page to WP so I would like to know just put the script in the index page or do I have to put it in WP as well? in WP must insert the plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/securiti-cookie-consent/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ maria thomas – What is the index page?  What does this mean – have sites with links that go from the index page to WP?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.