Ultimate TinyMCE plugin 403 error – skip rule not working

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Ultimate TinyMCE plugin 403 error – skip rule not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KenB

When the secure .htaccess file is activated, I get 403 errors when any of the Ultimate TinyMCE popup addons fire, i.e. help (? icon) in the plugin configuration, Code Magic (mainly what I use it for), etc.
    Here’s the error message:
    ForbiddenYou don’t have permission to access /wp-content/plugins/ultimate-tinymce/addons/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on this server. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    I’ve tried adding a skip rule but that hasn’t seemed to do the trick:

# Ultimate TinyMCE fix
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-tinymce/addons/ [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=13]

and neither does:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-tinymce/ [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=13]

Any suggestions would be welcome.

KenB

Oh, I forgot to mention that it had been working until recently.

Josh Lobe
    Participant

Hi Ken, I’m Josh.. developer of Ultimate Tinymce.  This sounds like a permissions issue.  If you go into one of the addon sub-directories via FTP and check the permissions of the “codemagic.htm” file (for example)… what are the permissions settings you see?  Check and see if they match other similar file settings.

Please also feel free to create a new thread on our Ultimate Tinymce Support Forum… where we provide extremely fast help and support.  Please let me know how the above suggestion works for you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ KenB – This Forum post got lost in the shuffle.  I am just now seeing it for the first time.  Sorry about that.  I will test the Ultimate TinyMCE plugin and find out exactly what is occurring.  Will post back here with my findings.

Also the BPS Security Log will log the exact error that is occurring.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have tested the Ultimate TinyMCE plugin and I do not see any issues/problems/conflicts.  I tested all javascript/WYSIWYG toolbar buttons and specifically Code Magic as well.

The only thing that I can think of that might have happened is that you did not have the wp-admin BulletProof Mode activated.  Both Root and wp-admin BulletProof Modes need to be activated at the same time.

Or maybe this has to do with an old issue with older versions of BPS where square brackets being blocked.  Those filters were removed a couple of versions ago and performing a BPS upgrade should have automatically removed those old security filters.  For good measure install the latest version of BPS and activate Root and wp-admin BulletProof Modes again.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Josh – SWEET Plugin man!!!  I will have to add this baby to my sites.  😉

How much is the Pro version and what are the primary additional features you get with the Pro version?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Just checked out Pro pricing and features on your site – Very nice!  Thanks.

Josh Lobe
    Participant

Hi Keymaster,

Sorry… you got lost in the shuffle this time 😉  Man, I’ve gotta start remembering to tick the “Notify of updates via Email” box when I post a comment somewhere!

Thank you for the compliments!  We have worked very hard (much the same as you, I’m sure).

If you look at the submenu on the PRO Website, you’ll see a few newly added features like the “Context Menu” and the “Widget/Content Builder”.

If you’d like to try the Pro version… shoot me a personal email using the contact form on the site in the link I provided.  I’ll send you a copy and you can “run it through the tester” for me 😉

Thanks again, mate!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the offer, but these days its all work and no play.  Eventually I will get to a point where I can actually work on my own sites and not BPS Pro 24×7.  For now just using preformatted code templates and good old copy and paste to create pages and posts.  😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.