Unable to activate BulletProof Security – Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required class.php

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to activate BulletProof Security – Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required class.php

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    FMorrell
    Participant

I keep getting warnings. No matter what I do, I can not get BulletProof Security to activate.

Warning: require_once(/home/xxxxx/public_html/1stbirthdayballoons.net/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/1stbirthdayballoons.net/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php on line 88

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/public_html/1stbirthdayballoons.net/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php71/pear') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/1stbirthdayballoons.net/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php on line 88

I have reinstalled WordPress several times.

I deleted BulletProof Security several times. I deleted BulletProof Security from the plugins folder in file manager for the site.

Uploaded the latest version of BulletProof Security several times.

No matter what I do, I still have errors. I give up.

Help  Frank

Hosting is https://www.siteground.com/

For Website:  http://www.1stbirthdayballoons.net

Each website will have a different/unique Activation Key.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

YIKES!!! You posted WordPress Administrator login information above, which I quickly deleted.  Please change your passwords immediately.  This is a public forum website that anyone/everyone visits.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/error-installing-bp-pro-after-using-bp-free/#post-117

This is a very common problem that occurs when using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip) for first time installations of BPS Pro (or other plugins as well).

Issue/Problem: Fatal Errors when upgrading from BPS free to BPS Pro using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip).

Solution (short version):  Use FTP or use your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and rename the /bulletproof-security1/ (bulletproof-security2, bulletproof-security3,…) plugin folder name back to just /bulletproof-security/ (removing any numbers that have been appended to the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name by PclZip). Go to the WordPress Plugins page and click the Activate link under BulletProof Security Pro plugin. In some cases you may only need to refresh/reload your Browser on the WordPress Plugins page to activate the BPS Pro plugin.

FMorrell
    Participant

I will try it tomorrow. I am going to bed.

Basically what happened is I bought Duplicator Pro.

I never used Duplicator Pro to back up the site for several years. I did not make any changed on it. To much going on elsewhere.

I changed hosting. I put the domain name in as a addon domain.  I then installed WordPress. I went to the config file and copied and pasted the username, the data base name, amd the password into notepad.

I then uploaded the installer and archive file for Duplicator Pro. Put the site name with /installer.php at the end of the site domain name in the browser. Set Duplicator Pro to remove and replace everything in the database the plain initial installation of WordPress used and told Duplicator Pro to update.

If I had made backups of the site like I should of to where I had a several month old backup I probably would of been okay. If all else fails I will try cleaning out bullet proof security and its backups then run Duplicator Pro creating new installer and archive files. Delete the installation, everything and start over with a fresh install and try  it again.

Frank

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.