Unable to activate root and wp-admin .htaccess

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to activate root and wp-admin .htaccess

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    protection
    Participant

For some strange reason, I’m getting a few BPS error messages today. It states that I don’t have my root or wp-admin .htaccess files activated. When I try activating the root .htaccess, I get the following:

The file /xxx/xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/secure.htaccess is not writable or does not exist.

secure.htaccess file does exist, and is set with 644 permissions.

I made sure to turn off autolock for .htaccess, and made sure to unlock the .htaccess prior to activating the root .htaccess. The root .htaccess (when I view it via FTP) is empty (0 bytes).

Here are a few of the error messages I get when trying to run the pre-installation wizard:

Error: Your BulletProof Security Root Master htaccess file cannot be created.

Error: wp-admin BulletProof Mode cannot be activated.

Error: The default.htaccess Master htaccess file cannot be created.

Error: Unable to write to /bulletproof-security/includes/class.php file to create ARQ Exclude Rules.

My server setup is not DSO. It is direct.

I tried deactivating ARQ, DBM, PFW, UAEG, LSM, and JTC, but that didn’t help. I also tried deactivating the BPS Pro plugin then reactivating.

I’m using BPS Pro 13.4, WordPress version 4.9.1

Any ideas?

protection
    Participant

Please disregard and close this topic. The problem was that I had a runaway cron job that was killing my disk space.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.