Unable to activate wp-admin htaccess file – An htaccess file was NOT found in your wp-admin folder

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to activate wp-admin htaccess file – An htaccess file was NOT found in your wp-admin folder

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hi,

I have recently purchased BPS Pro, and installed it on my WordPress websites.

But one of them is getting the following error messages:

“BPS Pro Alert! An htaccess file was NOT found in your wp-admin folder. Go to the Security Modes page and click the wp-admin Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.”

and

“A PHP Error has been logged in your PHP Error Log
    Click Here To go to the P-Security PHP Error Log page.
    To remove/clear this Alert click on the Reset Last Modified Time in DB button.”

I have tried to activate the wp-admin Folder BulletProof Mode, but it doesn’t work. I have also looked on the BPS Pro forums, but couldn’t find instructions that applied to my situation.

Could you please help me with this?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Answer:

Requested more information via email – see php errors below.

You have GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting. So you are not allowed to create a wp-admin htaccess file. GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting already protects your wp-admin folder.

I have created a special Setup Wizard Option for GoDaddy Managed hosting. Do these steps to make any error messages go away.
    Go to the BPS Pro Setup menu > Setup Wizard > Setup Wizard Options > Go Daddy Managed WordPress Hosting (GDMW) > change the form option setting to: Yes > click the Save GDMW Option button.

Most of the php errors in your php error log are related to the GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting must-use plugin: /var/www/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin

So contact GoDaddy and send them the php errors so that they can fix those in the next version of the GoDaddy gd-system-plugin must-use plugin.

[24-Dec-2021 07:49:56 UTC] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant CURLOPT_RESOLVE - assumed 'CURLOPT_RESOLVE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/class-cache.php on line 97

[24-Dec-2021 07:49:56 UTC] PHP Warning: curl_setopt() expects parameter 2 to be int, string given in /var/www/wp-content/mu-plugins/gd-system-plugin/includes/class-cache.php on line 97
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.