Unable to turn off maintenance mode – Fusion Core plugin breaks MMode

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to turn off maintenance mode – Fusion Core plugin breaks MMode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Max
    Participant

Problem: I am unable to leave the BPS PRO Maintenance Mode

I activated the maintenance mode:

1. I went to MMode Option Settings, put a tickbox in “Enable FrontEnd Maintenance Mode” and clickend on save.
    2. I added my IP as whitelist
    3. Then I “Turn On” maintenance mode. Works fine.

Now I want to disable or leave maintenance mode.
    I click on “Turn Off” but I still get the maintenance site if access the site from a remote IP (using VPN to check).
    When I do some tests using “MMode Editor” to see if I can change the behaviour of the Maintenance mode, those changes do not show.

Max
    Participant

I didn’t really find a documentation of how to completely remove BPS Pro so that there is no trace left. I realized e.g. that Maintenance Mode will also change index.php in my wordpress root so I am looking for a step by step list that I can work through so that there is nothing left and WordPress is ready for a clean re-install.

I found these steps. Do they still apply also using the latest BPS Pro with the new maintenance mode?
    To completely uninstall BulletProof Security Pro you would do steps 2, 3 and 7 above
    2. On the Security Modes page, click the wp-admin Folder BulletProof Mode Deactivate button. See Custom Code Note if doing this step works.
    3. On the Security Modes page, click the Plugin Firewall BulletProof Mode Deactivate button.
    7. If an issue/problem is related to JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker turn Off JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker on the JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker page.
    (if you have setup P-Security ini_set Options then go to the P-Security ini_set Options page and click the Reset/Remove Options button)

and then deactivate and delete the BulletProof Security Pro plugin on the WP Plugins page.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Which BPS Pro version do you have installed?  What WordPress site type do you have?  Single|standard, Network|Multisite subdirectory|subdomain, Giving WordPress Its Own Directory (GWIOD)?  You can manually turn off MMode by doing these steps below to fix the problem.

1. Turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Use FTP or your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and download this file to your computer:  /wp-content/bps-backup/master-backups/backup_index.php
    3. Rename the backup_index.php file to:  index.php
    4. Upload the index.php file to your WordPress installation folder (same folder where the wp-config.php file is) and overwrite the existing index.php.
    5. Go to the AutoRestore page > click the Root Files Backup Files button > turn AutoRestore On.

Typically you do not need to uninstall BPS Pro to fix any problems and can either do BPS Pro troubleshooting steps to turn off all BPS Pro features for troubleshooting or re-run the Wizards to fix other various problems.  For the MMode problem occurring on your site, uninstalling BPS Pro would not fix that particular problem.  To completely uninstall BPS Pro you would do the normal plugin deactivation and uninstallation steps on the WordPress Plugins page and then if you want to also remove the /wp-content/bps-backup/ folder then you would need to manually delete that folder using FTP.

Max
    Participant

Running single site, standard, one domain, root, version Version 12.3

When I “Turn ON”, it says
    FrontEnd Maintenance Mode has been Turned On.

BackEnd Maintenance Mode has been Turned Off.
    When I “Turn OFF” it says only

BackEnd Maintenance Mode has been Turned Off.

There was no file “/wp-content/bps-backup/master-backups/backup_index.php”

The only way for me to visit my site is by adding a whitelist IP.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Logged into the site.  BPS Pro Maintenance Mode is being broken by this plugin:  Fusion Core | Theme Fusion Core Plugin for Fusion Theme Themes | Version 2.0.3 | From Theme Fusion | Call plug-in page

Ok so it appears the Fusion Core plugin is essential/critical for your website. That means you cannot use BPS Pro Maintenance Mode with the Fusion Core plugin activated.  Or in other words, you will not be able to use BPS Pro Maintenance Mode if you are using the Fusion Core plugin.  So just pick a different Maintenance Mode plugin and see if Fusion Core works with that other Maintenance Mode plugin. If you want you can contact the Fusion Core plugin author to see if they can fix the problem. Fusion Core is loading AJAX scripts in BPS Pro plugin pages that is breaking Maintenance Mode. Maybe they can fix this by not loading their AJAX scripts everywhere and instead load their scripts only where they should be loaded.

Currently the Fusion Core plugin is deactivated on your website.  Please activate it again after testing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.