Unable to log into WordPress – wp-admin blank page, wp-admin white page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to log into WordPress – wp-admin blank page, wp-admin white page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    simon
    Participant

I made the mistake and upgradet BPS Pro  without first turning AutoRestore Off . I could not see any pages after that in the dashboard. The Frontend looked like normal. Then i did what you described here in the troubleshoting guide with the AutoRestore/Quarantine arqdelete.php Stand Alone Script. But i still can’t log in to the admin panel. There is just a white page. What can i do? Thanks in advance.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you turn off AutoRestore/Quarantine using the arqdelete.php script?  If not, then do this first.  If so, then FTP to your website and delete the /plugins/bulletproof-security folder.  This will ONLY remove the BulletProof Security Pro plugin files and will NOT remove/delete any of your BulletProof Security saved setup settings.  Log back into your WordPress Dashboard and reinstall the BPS Pro zip file.

Forum Topic Reference Link:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

simon
    Participant

No, i could not turn off AutoRestore/Quarantine because i only had and have white sceens in the dashboard after i did the update.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

That is one of the things that the arqdelete.php script does.  It allows you to turn off AutoRestore/Quarantine without being logged into your website. The other arqdelete.php form allows you to delete all files in Quarantine without being logged into your site.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you ONLY upgrade BPS Pro or did you upgrade anything else like other plugins or WordPress itself? With the addition of the Plugin Firewall in BPS Pro it is recommended that you exclude the plugins folder from being checked by AutoRestore.  See this Forum Topic on how to do that:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-exclude-plugins-folder-and-themes-folder/ The Plugin Firewall completely protects the plugins folder so there is no need to have AutoRestore check the plugins folder.

simon
    Participant

OK, i first did the left form. Tried to log in but hat the white screen. Then tried the second and also hat white screens. I also did another update of plugins then i updated BPS.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You are saying you installed updates for other plugins correct?  Do you have the Jetpack plugin installed?  If so, then you will need to FTP to your website and delete both the /bulletproof-security plugin folder and the /jetpack plugin folder.  You should now be able to log into your site.

simon
    Participant

I do not have a plugin called Jetpack. Should i just try to delete the /bulletproof-security plugin folder?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, you need to delete the /bulletproof-security plugin folder and then reinstall BPS Pro.

Did you turn off AutoRestore/Quarantine using the arqdelete.php script?  If not, then do this first.  If so, then FTP to your website and delete the /plugins/bulletproof-security folder.  This will ONLY remove the BulletProof Security Pro plugin files and will NOT remove/delete any of your BulletProof Security saved setup settings.  Log back into your WordPress Dashboard and reinstall the BPS Pro zip file.

simon
    Participant

This is the first thing i will try tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help! I will report.

simon
    Participant

I did it like you said. But i do not even get the wp admin log in panel. Just a white screen.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok go ahead and create a temporary WordPress admin login and temporary FTP login account and send it directly to edward at ait-pro dot com instead of the AITpro group mailbox. I will need FTP access to the site to check your BPS Pro log files to see exactly what happened in order to fix the issue/problem. Please create secure passwords for these login accounts. Example secure password: r#*U58!hE4Pt50!#b (Do not use this password and instead create a new one that is similar in strength).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.