Error 406 – Not Acceptable – Unable to Login – Mod Security

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Error 406 – Not Acceptable – Unable to Login – Mod Security

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Akhil K A
    Participant

Hi,

I’m unable to login to the website.
    What I did:
    went to mysite.com/wp-login.php
    I’m getting this error:
    Error 406 – Not Acceptable
    Generally a 406 error is caused because a request has been blocked by Mod Security. If you believe that your request has been blocked by mistake please contact the web site owner.
    Note: The theme uses a custom login form. I need members also need to be logged in. So, white listing an IP will only allow “me” to login.
    Please help.

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do these BPS troubleshooting steps to confirm or eliminate that BPS is causing the problem.  The error is a Mod Security error which is configured on your server by your host.  So if the problem is being caused by Mod Security you will need to contact your host support to fix the problem.  Important:  Do not delete your wp-admin htaccess file in the troubleshooting steps below because I checked your forum topic history and it looks like you are using Directory Password Protection for your wp-admin folder.

https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting

htaccess File Troubleshooting Steps: Unable to Login to Your Website:
    1. Use FTP or your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and delete the .htaccess file in your website root folder and the .htaccess file in your wp-admin folder.  If you do not see the root and wp-admin htaccess files then select “Show Hidden Files” in your FTP application or in your web host control panel file manager.
    See Custom Code Note
    2. Log into your website and Activate all BulletProof Modes.

Note: These steps above apply to issues/problems that are directly related to your root .htaccess file. If your are unable to login to your site due to an issue/problem with Login Security, rename the /bulletproof-security plugin folder to /_bulletproof-security, log back into your website, rename the /_bulletproof-security/ plugin folder to /bulletproof-security/ and correct the issue/problem. For additional troubleshooting steps for BulletProof Security see: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting
    Note:  Some web hosts require that you have a WordPress default htaccess file in your website root folder in order to be able login to your website.  If you are unable to login to your site after deleting the .htaccess file in your website root folder then download this file:  /bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/default.htaccess, upload the default.htaccess file to your website root folder and rename it to .htaccess.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.