Unable to rename the DB Backup folder

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to rename the DB Backup folder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hello,

There seems to be an issue with my DB backups and I cannot figure it out on my own. On one of my SiteGround-hosted sites (one out of three; the only one with this issue), the DB backups don’t work. I cannot run a manual backup and scheduled backups don’t run either. Also, when I try to rename the DB backup folder I get this error:

Error: Unable to rename the DB Backup folder.
    Did you enter a valid DB Backup folder name? Valid folder naming characters are: Letters A to Z upper or lowercase. Numbers 0 to 9. A dash “-” or an underscore “_”. Did you manually change the old DB Backup folder name using FTP?

I did rename the folder via FTP; I also deleted the folder via FTP. Running the “Rename|Create|Reset DB Backup Folder Name” functionality doesn’t do anything except give that above error. My other SiteGround sites work just fine with DB Backups…

Any idea what could be the issue? The only errors I’ve seen are these:

[23-Nov-2018 22:43:04 UTC] PHP Warning: copy(/xxxx/xxxxx/awakening-mind.org/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/backups_7P8OTy4UfGbPcW5/.htaccess): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/xxxx/xxxxx/awakening-mind.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/db-backup-security/db-backup-security.php on line 200

[23-Nov-2018 22:43:04 UTC] PHP Warning: rename(/xxxx/xxxxx/awakening-mind.org/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/backups_7P8OTy4UfGbPcW5,/xxxx/xxxxx/awakening-mind.org/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/backups_m4T1ubonh5PdRhO): No such file or directory in/xxxx/xxxxx/awakening-mind.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/db-backup-security/db-backup-functions.php on line 81

Thank you for your help!
    Jutta

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Check the folder permissions or folder Ownership of the /wp-content/bps-backup/ folder on the BPS Pro System Info page.  Are the folder permissions correct?  Is the folder Ownership the same Owner as all of your other website folders?

Try this if the folder permissions and folder Ownership are correct.  Manually create this folder name:  backups_7P8OTy4UfGbPcW5. Then create a new manual backup job and see if it runs or not.  I believe you will need to create new scheduled backup jobs since the backup folder name has been changed.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks! Permissions and ownership look good (screenshot here). Oddly enough, the System Info page shows a backup folder on the bottom of the list that doesn’t actually exist on the server (see folders via FTP in this screenshot).

Also, I noticed the following in the database (I felt to do a search for backups_7P8OTy4UfGbPcW5) and found this, even thought no DB Backup jobs are set up nor is there a folder currently, like I mentioned:

a:12:{s:13:”bps_db_backup”;s:2:”On”;s:25:”bps_db_backup_description”;s:16:”Manual DB Backup”;s:20:”bps_db_backup_folder”;s:91:”/xxxx/xxxxx/awakening-mind.org/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/backups_7P8OTy4UfGbPcW5″;s:27:”bps_db_backup_download_link”;s:73:”https://awakening-mind.org/wp-content/bps-backup/backups_7P8OTy4UfGbPcW5/”;s:22:”bps_db_backup_job_type”;s:6:”Manual”;s:23:”bps_db_backup_frequency”;s:2:”NA”;s:29:”bps_db_backup_start_time_hour”;s:2:”NA”;s:32:”bps_db_backup_start_time_weekday”;s:2:”NA”;s:35:”bps_db_backup_start_time_month_date”;s:2:”NA”;s:23:”bps_db_backup_email_zip”;s:2:”No”;s:20:”bps_db_backup_delete”;s:1:”1″;s:28:”bps_db_backup_status_display”;s:25:”November 18, 2018 3:02 pm”;}

Is that a clue for anything? 🤓

I just tried adding the folder back via FTP and then added a manual DB backup job. It ran for about 5 minutes and then I got a 504 Gateway Time-Out error. Via FTP I can see that the backup didn’t complete. 🤔 The database is not especially big (or is it?); it’s 268.5 MB uncompressed.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok my guess is you have some sort of server-side problems going on right now with your Database server.  268MB is a medium sized database.  Or another possibility is some sort of Proxy server or DNS issue.  Before going any further with looking at your website, you should contact your web host and see if there are any global server issues.  Most web hosts will not admit that though. So you may not get an honest answer from them. 😉  Another possibility is the PHP server is fubar. You can eliminate that by switching to a different PHP server version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.