Unable to upgrade BPS Pro from 13.3.3 to 13.4

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to upgrade BPS Pro from 13.3.3 to 13.4

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

I have 2 sites that I’m unable to upgrade BPS Pro on. There’s also a WordPress update that I want to apply that goes from 4.8.4 to 4.9.1 but I want to get BPS Pro upgrade from 13.3.3 to 13.4.
    In the WP backend > Plugins > BPS Pro has an update link. I click on this like I normally do to apply the update. The little “Updating” icon spins and spins for a minute or so and then I get a information alert box with a red exclamation point saying:

Update Failed: 500 Internal Server Error Request Timeout This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase ‘Connection Timeout’.

I get the same thing on both sites. Clicking on anything else in the dashboard brings to a maintenance page. Eventually I’m able to get back into backend after a few minutes. I then force the update check through BPS and go through the same thing over and over with the same exact results.

At this point I have no idea what’s going on. What do I need to do to get BPS Pro updated to the latest version without reinstalling?

Thanks,
    Josh

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I checked to see if this is a problem on our end by doing a forced upgrade and the upgrade completed successfully. So everything is good on our end. The most logical causes for the problem you are experiencing is your web host server or ISP is having connectivity issues. First thing to eliminate would be doing a bandwidth speed to test to see if the problem is with your ISP. Next thing to check would be using https://www.host-tracker.com/check_page to see if you are currently having host server issues/problems.

Josh
    Participant

Thanks. This is really weird. Their was no planned maintenance on the two server ip’s in question. I’ve opened a ticket with them asking why connections initiated from the two server ip’s in question on their end, to the ait-pro.com server, are timing out.

I’ve tried updating BPS Pro atleast 5 or 6 times through out the day with the same timeout error message.

Here’s the info I got from the link you sent.

The 2 sites in question that can’t update BPS Pro:

http://r.h-t.co/en/1/716b5dde-6ed8-e711-879f-0003ff7328cc
    gracoservices.com

http://r.h-t.co/en/1/0e62e950-6ad8-e711-879f-0003ff7328cc
    bnbbeautysupplies.com

Josh

Josh
    Participant

I’ve given their support staff an Admin account they can login with and do testing. I’ve got everything backed up.

One observation. When the BPS Pro upgrade fails, there’s a .maintenance file left behind in the root of public_html. I thought this would have been quarantined after some time. But it sits there untouched.

Josh
    Participant

So they increased the timeout directive from 2 minutes to 15 as a test. Now I don’t get the timeout error.

Now I get the following error:

“Update Failed: Download failed. cURL error 56: OpenSSL SSL_read: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, errno 104”

So I’m assuming this is still an issue on their end.

Josh

Josh
    Participant

Long story short… This was a timeout directive they had adjusted to be to low. After that was fixed… it was the LiteSpeed caching plugin that was causing issues ontop the other problem. Disabling the caching plugin and adjusting the timeout directive to be more than 2mins allowed me to upgrade BPS Pro without issue. This was causing issues with upgrading WordPress from 4.8.4 to 4.9.1 as well. Caching is such a pain in the rump.

Anyways. Problem solved.

Josh

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Cool glad you got it figured out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.