Uninstall BPS Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Uninstall BPS Pro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to completely uninstall BPS Pro? I have three GoDaddy Managed WordPress sites on which something went wrong during the recent automatic WordPress core updates which led to a 500 error when accessing the /wp-admin area. I disabled the plugin folder via and deleted the Akismet plugin (which seemed to cause issues). Then I re-enabled the plugin folder and re-activated all plugins. I then tried running the Setup Wizard and got a 500 error for the /wp-admin area again. I disabled BPS Pro via FTP and the /wp-admin area started to work again. So, I’m not sure what happened but I think I’d like to try uninstalling BPS Pro completely and installing a totally fresh copy of it (without it remembering anything previous). I tried this actually… I deleted BPS Pro via FTP (including the /wp-content/bps-backup and /wp-content/mu-plugins/bps-pro-mu-tools.php) and the associated database tables, reinstalled BPS Pro fresh and activated it again… and got a 500 error again.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Jutta

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Try manually reinstalling WordPress > Dashboard menu > Updates menu > Re-install now button.  Then activate BPS Pro and let me know what happens.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not sure how well you know the GoDaddy Managed WordPress platform, but reinstalling WordPress is literally not an option there. That option isn’t available on that platform.

Is there no way to completely do a fresh install of BPS Pro?

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

To completely uninstall BPS Pro do a standard plugin deactivation and uninstallation, which will remove/delete all BPS Pro files and plugin option settings in the WP database.  Nothing else is required.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thanks. I can’t confirm that to be true. Deleting the plugin from the Plugins area leaves BPS Pro-related database tables and the /wp-content/bps-backup folder intact, as well as all custom code in the .htaccess file.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

That would mean something is not working correctly on the site.  BPS Pro uninstallation removes everything except for the /wp-content/bps-backup/ folder, which is a backup folder for backup files that would not affect anything regarding BPS Pro activation, WP, etc.  I am willing to take a look at this site if you send me a login to this site, but since Managed WordPress Hosting is different than any other type of hosting in the world and has limitations and restrictions that no other web hosts have then I may or may not be able to figure out the problem.  In most cases you will need to contact Managed WordPress Hosting support to figure out what is going on since the hosting environment is completely controlled/managed by Managed WordPress Hosting.  Send the login info to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.