BPS Pro Plugin update failed: Could not remove the old plugin

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS Pro Plugin update failed: Could not remove the old plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Monica S
    Participant

Hello,

I just tried to update the plugin with the newest version, apparently released just a few minutes ago….

However there seemed to have accured some error, as an error message reading something like “Failed to remove the old plugin” (I am not remembering in detail) appeared and now it is neiter shown in the list of installed plugins nor visible in the controll panel. I also tried to install it new but  also there is an error message reading “Installation failed: Folder already exists”.

I dont know which problem this might be or which problem might cause this error…but I am just worried now about the security of my website.

I hope you can help me in solving this quickly!

Kind regards,

Monica

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Sounds like some kind of file permission or Owner problem.  Google search result > https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-4-9-6-plugin-error-could-not-remove-the-old-plugin/.  Try using FTP and see if you can see the /plugins/bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.  If you can see the BPS Pro plugin folder then delete it and try to install a new BPS Pro zip file.

Monica S
    Participant

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

What you said worked, now everything is there again like it used to be.

I am wondering what might have caused the problem…

I hope it was not my activating and running the Security Ninja – Secure Firewall & Secure Malware Scanner plugin just before trying to update the BPS Pro plugin.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

My guess would be some kind of random server hiccup that interfered with the BPS Pro upgrade installation, but it might have something to do with the Security Ninja plugin.  If the problem happens again let me know that and I will test the Security Ninja plugin.

Monica S
    Participant

Ok thank you very much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.