Alternative Zip Upload – Upgrade Installation Method shows last version

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Alternative Zip Upload – Upgrade Installation Method shows last version

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    JB
    Participant

Hi,

i don´t know why after updating BPS Pro (9.6->9.7) the Version in Footer shows already 9.6 an in the header in Backend, too. I have to do the manual update – every step said that all is fine while installation.

Alternative Zip Upload/Upgrade Installation Method: Log into the AITpro Secure Download area – http://www.ait-pro.com/admin/, download the new BPS Pro version zip file to your computer and install the zip file using the BPS Pro built-in Zip Upload installer. Go to the BPS Pro Setup Main menu, click the Upload Zip Install submenu link. Click the Choose File button, navigate to where you downloaded the bulletproof-security.zip file on your computer (Note: the zip file MUST be named bulletproof-security.zip), click the Upload Zip File button and click the Install Zip Now button.

Can you help why the right version is not shown?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The zip file you are installing is the last BPS Pro version zip file – BPS Pro 9.6.  Search your computer for all bulletproof-security.zip files and check the date of the zip file.  The most current zip file date should be BPS Pro 9.7 zip file that you downloaded to your computer.  Make a note of the folder path and then install the BPS Pro 9.7 zip file instead of the BPS Pro 9.6 zip file.

JB
    Participant

OK, i think i get the latest version for my updates – the readme.txt of the bulletproof-security.zip i had downloaded shows this:

=== BulletProof Security Pro ===
    Contributors: AITpro
    Tags: bulletproof security
    Requires at least: 3.0
    Tested up to: 4.0
    Stable tag: 9.7

If i follow the manual installation steps but nothing has changed…? Am i wrong or where is the bug? 😉

nukleuz

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Maybe the BPS Pro upload zip installer does not work on your server due to some server limitation or configuration setting on your server.  Do these steps:

Delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.
    Use the WordPress Upload zip installer to install the bulletproof-security.zip file.
    Note: This only installs the BPS Pro plugin files and does not change or affect any of your BPS Pro settings.

JB
    Participant

OK it works – very nice.
    THX

PS: That´s now my way in the future to update BPS-Pro or is there anything else i can do to let it work with the system-tools?
    nukleuz

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The optimum choice would be to figure out why BPS Pro updates/upgrades are not being displayed in your WordPress Dashboard on the Plugins page. When I check this website it appears to be accessible/not blocking the AITpro.com API Server: blog-markxxxxxxxxxx.de is reachable using fsockopen Port 80. Response Time: 358 milliseconds. So that usually means that the host server is not blocking the AITpro.com API server or IP address and something you have installed on the website (a plugin or something else) is blocking the API server upgrade notice or some setting/constant in your wp-config is blocking the upgrade notice.

The BPS Pro upload zip installer uses both ZipArchive and PCLZIP and works fine on most servers, but if there is some sort of restriction on your particular server that does not allow installations from the /plugins/ folder, such as an open_basedir restriction or some other server restriction then the BPS Pro upload zip installer will not be able to work on your server.

JB
    Participant

I will check the restrictions an give an info about it.

nukleuz

JB
    Participant

I had checked some restrictions on the server – they could be the restrictions:

1. Apache runs as modul not as FastCGI. The /plugin folder is owned by the FTP-User not by the webprocess-user (www-data).
    Could that be the problem?

2. open_basedir = …/httpdocs and /tmp

I hope to get one of the installers running – deleting the bulletproof-security folder and installing new from wp-installer is not the way i want to live with 😉
    Perhaps you have some ideas to get the installer running?

What do you mean which plugin or something else could blocking it and what i have to find in the wp-config.php for my reasons?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

FastCGI is not going to be an issue/problem.  DSO is not going to be an issue/problem.  open_basedir is not going to be an issue/problem.

Try this first.  Go to the WordPress Plugins page and Refresh your Browser several times.  Let me know if you see the BPS Pro upgrade notice.

JB
    Participant

I will check!

FYI: I have updated to new version manually today…

Perhaps not the best time for troubleshooting without an update? 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well actually if you are willing to do some testing it would be appreciated.  Here are some things that have changed >>> We originally created the Manual Upgrade Check link on the WordPress Plugins page to do what WordPress 4.0 already now does automatically just by refreshing the Plugins page.  So if you would do these steps below just to eliminate or confirm that this issue/problem has to do with a communication problem on your site/server that would be very much appreciated.

1. Install the LAST BPS Pro version (BPS Pro 9.7) zip file using the built-in BPS Pro Upload Zip Installer on the Setup menu >>> Upload Zip Install page.
    2. Clear your Browser Cache and clear any plugin cache if you are using a caching plugin.
    3. Go to the WordPress Plugins page and refresh your Browser several times.

WordPress 4.0 does a visual color change based on what the API sees. ie a possible plugin update >>> a plugin update is available.

JB
    Participant

Hi,

is it possible to use BPS-Pro (my license) on a subdomain simultanously for testing purpose only?
    So i can make a clone from live to dev for better testing something…

Greets

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The license is unlimited so you just need to request an Activation Key on the BPS Pro Activation page if the domain name is different.  The Activation Keys are your domain name encrypted.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.