Upgrade for Special Activation Key

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Upgrade for Special Activation Key

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul D.
    Participant

Greetings !

How do we upgrade when we have a “special Activation Key for cases where Hosts are blocking Activation Key requests” ? We have already activated BPS Pro using the special key. And we need to upgrade it to 5.8.2.

I clicked the “Manual Upgrade Check” for BPS Pro in WordPress plugins page about 6 times and it doesn’t show the upgrade option/link.

Thanks,

Paul

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Manual Upgrade Check link will only work if the website is not being blocked from communicating with the ait-pro.com website.  It is a manual communication check to compare the currently installed version of BPS Pro on the website with the version available on the ait-pro.com API Server.  Unfortunately, there is no way to do any sort of comparison version check if a website is blocking the ait-pro.com domain.

We update this Forum Topic when new BPS Pro versions are released.  This page will have to be checked manually to see when a new version of BPS Pro is available.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-version-release-dates/

Paul D.
    Participant

Okay then.. Since uninstalling and reinstalling BPS Pro everytime a newer version is released is kinda  troublesome with only the Special Key, I will try to mail webhost to unblock BPS Pro activation IP address.

Thanks!

Paul

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You would not have to uninstall and reinstall BPS Pro when upgrading websites that cannot communicate with the AITpro API Server to receive the standard WP Dashboard Plugin upgrade notification/installation link.

BPS Pro has its own built-in Upload Zip installer.  Click on the BPS Pro Install / Backup Menu page, click Choose File, select the bulletproof-security.zip upgrade zip file on your computer, click Upload Zip File button and click the Install Zip Now button.

Paul D.
    Participant

When I do that process should I :
    1. Turn off ARQ and delete 4 backups?
    2. Deactivate BulletProof Modes in B-Core?
    3. Unlock top 4 in F-Lock?
    What other steps should I take?
    AND can I re-use the same special key for other websites that are blocking  BPS Pro activation IP address? or should I request a new one?

Thanks,
    Paul

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You do not need to do anything else except for install the zip upgrade.  The automatic self updating process happens exactly the same when clicking the WP Dashboard upgrade link or using the zip upload upgrading method.

Yes, the special activation key is reusable on other websites that are blocking the ait-pro.com domain/API Server.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.