no plugins installed after upgrading BPS Pro at the same time as other updates

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro no plugins installed after upgrading BPS Pro at the same time as other updates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    E. J. Simmons
    Participant

I received an email “BPS Pro Upgrade Notification” for trialroadmap.com/members, so I did the upgrade for that WordPress installation, and decided to also upgrade the WordPress install on trialroadmap.com.

However, the upgrade started, but then the plugins page says no plugins installed. A look using an FTP program shows under wp-content/plugins the subdirectory for the 5 plugins and permissions of 755 for each plugin subdirectory.

This seemed odd, and I could restore from a backup but thought I should inquire about any precautions to take.

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The BPS Pro plugin should only be upgraded by itself since the plugin installation is occurring from another Server – the AITpro.com API Server and the WordPress installations occur from the wordpress.org Server.  Installing plugins from 2 different Servers at the same time causes the ARQ failsafes in BPS Pro not to work correctly and all plugin files will be quarantined.  In the last 2 versions of BPS Pro a warning alert was created to warn folks not to install BPS Pro at the same time as doing other WordPress updates/installations from another Server.

FTP to your website and delete the /bulletproof-security folder in the /plugins folder.
    Reinstall the bulletproof-security.zip file using the WordPress Upload zip installer.
    Activate, deactivate and activate the BulletProof Security Pro plugin – this turns AutoRestore Off.
    Go to Quarantine and use the Restore File option to restore all of your plugin files.

E. J. Simmons
    Participant

I renamed the plugin subdirectories, so that I could re-install the plugins, and now all seems well. So I don’t know what happened. If it matters, this started with a click on the check for manual upgrade, from BPS Pro 7.8 to 7.9.

The site that gave me problems but now works has BPS Pro version 7.8 and nothing changes when I click on the “manual upgrade check” link. So perhaps this related to changes in the update process.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Clicking the manual upgrade check link only clears your DB plugin transient cache so that WP is forced to check for plugin updates again and the update notification will then be displayed for the BPS Pro upgrade.  In testing when we install the BPS Pro plugin at the same time as other plugins all plugin files are sent to quarantine.  At some point we will figure out a way to permanently block a BPS Pro plugin upgrade if other plugins are being upgraded at the same time.  For now an alert / warning is displayed for this known issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.