htaccess file in uploads folder does not appear to be a valid BPS .htaccess file

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro htaccess file in uploads folder does not appear to be a valid BPS .htaccess file

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jena
    Participant

I see this  warning message in BulletProof Security Status page.Please let me know how to fix it.

The htaccess file that was found in your uploads folder does not appear to be a valid BPS .htaccess file. Go to the Edit/Upload/Download Tab page and check the Your Current Uploads htaccess File with the BPS file editor.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Go to the htaccess File Editor Tab page and check the Your Current Uploads htaccess File with the BPS file editor.

Please copy and paste your uploads .htaccess file contents so that I can see what is not valid in the uploads .htaccess file.

jena
    Participant

<Files *.php>
    deny from all
    </Files>

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

That is not a valid BPS Pro uploads .htacces file or code.  Go to the Security Modes page and activate Uploads BulletProof Mode.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

[Question copied from the BPS free plugin support forum on wordpress.org]

In the Security Status tab it fires-up a message:  ERROR: The htaccess file that was found in your uploads folder does not appear to be a valid BPS .htaccess file. Go to the htaccess File Editor Tab page and check the Your Current Uploads htaccess File with the BPS file editor.

Should I just activate the UAEG bulletproof mode to remove that message?

Thanks in advance!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ THE11thROCK – Go to the htaccess File Editor Tab page, click on the Your Current Uploads htaccess File tab, copy and paste the contents of the /uploads htaccess file in your /uploads folder in your forum reply so that I can look at it.

rock
    Participant

I had the same code as Jena above. I followed the TS step and the security status is now all Green. Thanks and consider this issue resolved for me.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming all is well in WordPressLand.  😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.