Various undefined variable errors

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Various undefined variable errors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

We keep getting a lot of repeating undefined errors.  We are also getting error sending query packet, but they seem far enough apart that I’m not sure they are related.  Any guidance on either would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

[04-Dec-2017 12:15:15 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: date in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/zip-email-cron-functions.php on line 310
    [04-Dec-2017 12:15:40 UTC] PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=136840 in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1931
    [04-Dec-2017 12:59:12 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: bps_version in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php on line 1824
    [04-Dec-2017 13:09:10 UTC] PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=190117 in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1931
    [04-Dec-2017 13:09:45 UTC] PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=190117 in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1931
    [04-Dec-2017 13:15:38 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: date in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/zip-email-cron-functions.php on line 310
    [04-Dec-2017 13:22:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: check_string1 in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/mscan-ajax-functions.php on line 300
    [04-Dec-2017 13:22:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: check_string2 in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/mscan-ajax-functions.php on line 301
    [04-Dec-2017 13:22:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: check_string3 in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/mscan-ajax-functions.php on line 302
    [04-Dec-2017 13:22:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: check_string1 in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/mscan-ajax-functions.php on line 300
    [04-Dec-2017 13:22:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: check_string2 in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/mscan-ajax-functions.php on line 301
    [04-Dec-2017 13:22:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: check_string3 in /home/xxxxxx5/public_html/aaaaaaaaaaa.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/mscan-ajax-functions.php on line 302
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A “PHP Notice: Undefined variable” error is an insignificant error that you do not need to worry about and that will not cause any problems.  It’s a “technicality” type of error.  ie PHP checks that the code is conforming to PHP strict coding standards. We will take care of these minor/insignificant errors in the next BPS Pro version.  What is more important is that you have WP_DEBUG turned On in your wp-config.php file or somewhere else and that will cause serious performance issues for your website if you leave that turned on permanently.  WP_DEBUG should only be used briefly and then turned Off.  The basic logic is that if you are debugging something you should only do that debugging until you have found any serious bugs and then you want to turn WP_DEBUG off.  😉

Aaron
    Participant

Thank you for the info!  I don’t see debug turned on in the wp-config.php file.  I just added the line to turn it off. How do I verify that it’s working?  Thanks again for the help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply.  We had some wild fires in our area.  Fortunately we were extremely lucky.  Stressful stuff.  Anyway I misinterpreted this issue.  We will fix the PHP Notice: Undefined variable php errors in the next BPS version release.  The PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet php errors are a known issue that are not related to BPS. See this forum topic for more details > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-warning-error/

Aaron
    Participant

I’m glad to hear you guys got luck out there with the fires.  I can’t even imagine…  Thanks for the update!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.