VaultPress

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro VaultPress

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hindssites
    Participant

I have vault press installed on my website as a secondary backup. It seems that Bullet Proof believes it is a hacker or spammer and blocks it. Here is one of the warnings: REQUEST_URI: /wp-load.php?vaultpress=true&action=exec&doing_wp_cron=&wp-admin=&vector=1435284257.7347

I did a search in the forum for vaultpress but found nothing that seems to address this issue.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Post the entire Security Log entry for VaultPress. If you do not want to post your ip address or host name then use x’s – xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Is VaultPress not working?  Is something not working in VaultPress? Have you checked your VaultPress Dashboard (see below)?
    VaultPress FAQ: How do I know my backup is working?
    http://help.vaultpress.com/faq/?utm_source=plugin-readme&utm_medium=faq&utm_campaign=1.0#verify

hindssites
    Participant

It appears that Vault Press is making backups. Even if that is the case, I am getting a ton of security warnings from it and it would be great to eliminate the reason that the warning is present.

[403 GET / HEAD Request: June 28, 2015 1:10 am]
    Event Code: BFHS - Blocked/Forbidden Hacker or Spammer
    Solution: N/A - Hacker/Spammer Blocked/Forbidden
    REMOTE_ADDR: 192.0.99.91
    Host Name: wordpress.com
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-load.php?vaultpress=true&action=exec&doing_wp_cron=&wp-admin=&vector=1435453848.0334
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Automattic/VaultPress/0.1
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

http://help.vaultpress.com/connection-issues/
    My guess is that the VaultPress API Server is making HEAD Requests to check if your site is up/reachable or not.  Try allowing HEAD Requests first:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/jetpack-site-uptime-monitor-403-error/#post-15400  If that does not work then maybe whitelisting the IP CIDR Block or User Agent would be needed.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Fixed this problem while logged into the site to fix another problem. This is a nuisance error and not critical.  VaultPress is working fine so I created a Security Log User Agent Ignore rule to not log these nuisance errors.

11 hours ago
    4:16am, Wed, September 30 Completed a partial plugins sync (/revslider/)

hindssites
    Participant

It seems that Vault Press is still giving me false security warnings. I would guess of all the security warnings I get, Vault Press constitutes about 90% of them. Is there anything I can do to eliminate them. I have search the forum and found nothing that addresses this issue.

Here are a few example warnings:

REQUEST_URI: /wp-load.php?vaultpress=true&action=exec&doing_wp_cron=&wp-admin=&vector=1450402126.3382
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-load.php?vaultpress=true&action=exec&doing_wp_cron=&wp-admin=&vector=1450402126.3073
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-load.php?vaultpress=true&action=exec&doing_wp_cron=&wp-admin=&vector=1450401992.6931
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Copy your root htaccess file code from B-Core > htaccess File Editor > Your Current Root htaccess File tab > and paste it in your reply so I can take a look at it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.