WP Rocket htaccess code was not found in your Root htaccess file

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WP Rocket htaccess code was not found in your Root htaccess file

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bbmedia
    Participant

As soon as we upgraded to v15 ,our WP Rocket code was stripped out of htaccess.

This has happened on any  site running BPS Pro (we run Wp Rocket on all our WP sites)

WP Rocket htaccess code was not found in your Root htaccess file
    If you have deactivated Root Folder BulletProof Mode temporarily then disregard this message. When you activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode again this message will go away automatically.
    If you just installed WP Rocket then go to the BPS htaccess File Editor page, click the Unlock htaccess File button, then go to the WP Rocket plugin settings page, choose and save the WP Rocket plugin settings that you want to use and then run the BPS Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard to automatically setup/combine WP Rocket and BPS htaccess code together.

ps. following these instructions achieves nothing to add the code back into the htaccess.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS did not remove/delete the WP Rocket htaccess code.  What changed in BPS Pro 15 is more extensive checking for all caching plugins.  So what the error message means is that WP Rocket htaccess code was not found in your Root htaccess file.  That could be because you are not using Browser caching option settings in WP Rocket plugin settings, which adds/creates Browser caching htaccess code in the root htaccess file.  Do the steps below to make the BPS error message go away.

1. Copy these placeholders below for WP Rocket:
    # BEGIN WP Rocket
    # END WP Rocket

2. Go to BPS Pro > B-Core > Custom Code > click the Root htaccess File Custom Code accordion tab/button.
    3. Paste the placeholders above for WP Rocket in this Custom Code text box: 1. CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE
    4. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    5. Go to the Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

bbmedia
    Participant

I grabbed a copy of the WP Rocket htaccess code from one of the few sites we run on a Cpanel server, and manually inserted it into the custom code area and re-activated the root htaccess code.

It seems that it is only happening on WP sites running on the few remaining sites on our NGINX servers that we have left BPS Pro on – so it is pretty irrelevant – just annoying to see the alerts.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ah ok I guess WP Rocket checks if the server type is NGINX and does not create .htaccess code for NGINX servers.  As far as I know all current versions of NGINX can use Apache .htaccess code/files without any issues/problems.

bbmedia
    Participant

Ok will use use this in my custom code if I come across this again…
    # BEGIN WP Rocket
    # END WP Rocket

You are quite mistaken… We’ve been through NGINX servers before…

NGINX does not use htaccess – that’s like taking a racing horse and hobbling it.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope, not mistaken.  Are the existing .htaccess files and code working on your websites on the NGINX server?  If not, then those NGINX servers are old versions of NGINX. Newer versions of NGINX can interpret and process Apache .htaccess code. FYI – The hottest/fastest server these days is LiteSpeed, which blows NGINX out of water.  😉 >>> LiteSpeed vs NGINX

bbmedia
    Participant

Sorry, but methinks you don’t understand… let me quote the NGINX wiki on this…

“If you need .htaccess, you’re probably doing it wrong.”

So please show me a link… where NGINX out of the box provides the ability to parse htaccess like Apache does…
    Just one will do…

Yes, Litespeed is much faster than Apache, and can be equally as fast as NGINX.
    The bottom line is what & how the server page cache is setup to work with these webservers, and the correct allocation of resources on the server. And in the real world there is not that much difference between them, however most of the research we did before going this path showed NGINX with had a slight real world edge. Any of the comparisons which show Litespeed much faster than NGINX are just not real world.

There’s a reason that Kinsta, WP engine, SpinupWP etc. use NGINX – it’s not like they wouldn’t use Litespeed if it provided a performance advantage, especially if it was a big one.

We use SpinupWP to manage our servers and installations & we have blazing fast WP setups.

Yes, we do use Litespeed, but only on our Cpanel servers, however they are pretty quick Cpanel setups because of this. However our high end customers are all on our AWS servers (SpinupWP).

(But having said all that… high speed web servers don’t mean much if you don’t know how to create fast, effective websites in the first place 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh I understand perfectly that NGINX is making a biased statement on their Wiki page.  😉  Anyway I definitely agree that website performance starts with good design. This forum site uses a custom built theme (built for speed) without any of the bloat that you will find in every WP theme, no caching plugins and is on Shared hosting and it loads in 2 seconds or less.  I did play around with Static page caching and got this forum site performance to .9 seconds load times, but felt it was unnecessary to bother with doing that.  Everyone has their own opinions about things. I was not trying to out do you or anything in a competitive way.

bbmedia
    Participant

You misunderstand. Frankly, I care little what others use or think about server performance – I know what works for us and our clients who rely on us to serve many millions of hits reliably 24×7.

But your info on htaccess & NGINX is incorrect.

There may be some additional tech that provides this as an add-on for NGINX… but that is like hamstringing a horse; it is against the design of how NGINX works, and one of the reasons why NGINX is so fast and can sustain such loads.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.