Virus cleaning – Can BPS help me do this?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Virus cleaning – Can BPS help me do this?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joe Newell
    Participant

Hi, I’ve had BPS Pro for a few and still discover new features – but I have a problem.

A site without BPS has been infected with code that can redirect visitors. It is redirecting tablet and phone users. When I go to one of those sites I am using desktop and I don’t get redirected BUT I do get an ESET anti-virus tray message about viral activity.

So far, I have isolated the snippet of script with a Wordfence scan, but there are dozens of recurrences of that script throughout various PHP files in plugin and theme folders.

I know the BPS can block file changes but is there a tool/capability in BPS that can go through all the files and strip that string of script wherever it is?

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There is a BPS Pro Pro-Tool that can do string/code replacements, but I don’t recommend that you use it for something like this because most likely you are only finding the obvious hacker scripts, code, files, etc.  The Pro-Tool is the String Replacer|Remover tool under the Pro-Tools menu.  What I recommend that you do instead is use some or all of the website hack cleanup/hosting account cleanup steps in this forum topic > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordpress-hacked-wordpress-hack-cleanup-wordpress-hack-repair/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.