chmod Operation not permitted – copy failed to open stream: Permission denied

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free chmod Operation not permitted – copy failed to open stream: Permission denied

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sandra
    Participant

I have been using BPS free plugin for many months without any problem. but today, I had a problem with my website and my hosting ressetted my theme. I noticed that all the plugins were deactivated, so I activated one by one. The problem comes when I activate BPS, create the htaccess master files and, when I go to activate the security modes,  I activate the first one: root folder .htacces security mode but it appears a warning message:

Warning chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /.../..../public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/options.php on line 120
    Warning copy(/..../..../public_html//.htaccess) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /...../...../public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/options.php on line 121

Failed to Activate BulletProof Security Root Folder Protection! Your Website is NOT protected with BulletProof Security!

I don’t understand what have happenned and I don’t know what to do
    Do I deactivate and delette BPS free plugin and install it again?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Looks like your Host changed what you are allowed to do.  BPS is unable to change the file permissions or copy the root .htaccess file.  Please contact your Host and ask them what they changed and have them change it back to what it was before.

Sandra
    Participant

Thanks you. I spoke with my hosting and they solved this issue, they changed something in htaccess file and I have been able to make work correctly the BPS.

The fact is that everything looks working fine, but I’ve realized that the cpanel hotlink protection is enabled and I see this code:

URLs to allow access:

(%0A|%0D|%27|%3C|%3E|%00)
    \.opendirviewer\.
    ^.*mysite.*
    users\.skynet\.be.*

I have been reading many issues in this forum and particulary about the cpanel hotlink protection and I saw that code was a cPanel HotLink Protection Tool problem.

My site was broken after I changed that code, following the steps in a videotutorial in order to enable the hotlink protection. After the issue in my site, I deactivated the hotlink protection, but now, it’s activated again itself. It’s not caussing any issue, but have I to worry about it?

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You cannot disable the broken cPanel HotLink Protection Tool because that is also broken.  😉  There is only 1 way to block it from breaking your website and that is to lock your root .htaccess file.  See the link below.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#cpanel-hotlink-protection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.