WP Robot htaccess code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WP Robot htaccess code

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    D Joseph
    Participant

I use WP SuperCache, and on the Custom Code screen I added its code to the top box, CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE: Add php.ini handler and/or plugin cache code here.

I use WPRobot, and the settings for it say that all of its link cloaking code must be at the very top of the htaccess file.

I wasn’t sure where to put the WPRobot code, so I put it in the same box, but under the WP SuperCache code.

I need to add some specific 301 redirects for a few posts and one folder. On the same Custom Code screen, the bottom box says “Add Miscellaneous Code…” and across from that box in the bright yellow section, it says to add redirects in that box. However, in one of the posts (somewhere) that I found on your website, I read that the redirects had to be at the very top of the htaccess file.

Can you please tell me what order to put these things, and in what boxes on that Custom Code screen?

Also, if you do not mind, when I redirect a WP post, do I put the / at the end? I know to leave it off for folders but wasn’t sure about posts.

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What WP Robot means by putting the WP Robot htaccess code at the top of the .htaccess file is this – their code must come anywhere before the start of the WordPress Rewrite Loop code.  You have put the WP Robot .htaccess code in the correct Custom Code text box, but I am not 100% sure if it would come before or after your WP Super Cache caching code in that text box.  Probably before the WPSC caching code is correct.

The start of the WP Rewrite is this code below.  You may or may not see the “WP REWRITE LOOP START” title in your root .htaccess file for this section of .htaccess code.

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

Standard RedirectMatch 301 .htaccess code for posts or pages redirect code goes in the CUSTOM CODE BOTTOM HOTLINKING/FORBID COMMENT SPAMMERS/BLOCK BOTS/BLOCK IP/REDIRECT CODE: Add miscellaneous code here

Example standard redirect code:

NOTE:  You do not need to add the trailing slash as long as you are using the ^ and $ (start and end of URI).  What is checked and matched is everything between ^ and $ so this means that whether or not you add the trailing slash the URI will be matched based on the post name itself.

RedirectMatch 301 ^/redirect-a-post-URL$ http://www.example.com/to-a-different-post-URL/

htaccess Redirect Reference Topic:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/htaccess-redirect-code-where-do-i-add-redirect-htaccess-code/

D Joseph
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation.

What about the redirects?

I need to add some specific 301 redirects for a few posts and one folder. On the same Custom Code screen, the bottom box says “Add Miscellaneous Code…” and across from that box in the bright yellow section, it says to add redirects in that box. However, in one of the posts (somewhere) that I found on your website, I read that the redirects had to be at the very top of the htaccess file.

Thanks,

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Already answered above.  Disregard wherever you saw that other type of redirect.  I know what you are talking about, but I am not going to explain it here because it will only confuse you.  😉  What you are looking to do is already explained above.

D Joseph
    Participant

OK – thanks for the help. The new versions of BPS are a great improvement by the way.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the Kudos.  BPS Pro being Awesome is acceptable to us, but we are shooting for SUPER AWESOME!  ha ha ha.  Thanks.

D Joseph
    Participant

I can’t commend you enough for your good work and plain explanations. When I first got the BPS and for some time I had trouble with some of the setup – lots of reading, and whenever I had to leave it for a while and come back it was like starting all over again. It’s a great program with good instructions, but due to its nature it’s a lot to take in.

The new version is really awesome. Everything is so much easier to work with now too, in every task. I was glad to see the additional login security features. It allowed me to remove a ‘limit login attempts’ plugin, which didn’t do quite as much as yours. (I read somewhere that you can change the wp-login.php page altogether, and I wished for that – maybe in your future version?)

Also, I have been working on multiple technical issues on my site. I’ve found a number of answers in your forum that I found nowhere else. One was the case of it-cache files /js in the uploads folder being blocked. I love how BPS is really more than a security application – I’m fixing all sorts of issues with BPS, and your answers.

Now if you’re shooting for SUPER AWESOME, I’ll give you a tip on that: KEEP MAKING THOSE VIDEOS! The ARQ video made it a breeze for me.

Thanks again!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro will continue to get simpler and easier to use on the frontend while at the same time becoming more advanced and complex in the backend coding.  We are now in an automation and compatibility phase of BPS Pro development where the primary focus is user convenience and expanding automation capability to Server configuration/types such as DSO and Windows IIS.  We have added most of the Primary Core security features in BPS Pro, but of course have some new ideas in development.

Regarding additional Login Security protection against the ongoing Brute Force Login attacks we have posted additional security measures/code that folks can add to their sites in the link below.  These additional security measures will be incorporated into BPS Pro as additional options at some point.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/protect-login-page-from-brute-force-login-attacks/

Yep you are absolutely correct that Video Tutorials are the best form of help possible.  We are planning on doing several Video Tutorials on each Core component of BPS Pro.  This keeps getting pushed back due to development priorities/new growth, but we will get to them pretty soon.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.