What to do with quarantined file

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro What to do with quarantined file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    marshy
    Participant

Hi sorry in advance for my naivete, but I paid someone to install bps pro on my site, but I have just received the following message in the quarantine folder: 
    Source Path – File was Quarantined from this locationThe file will be restored to this location if Restore File is selected
    /home/mark/public_html/.htaccess
    I am given the options of delete or restore, is this is because someone has tried to gain unauthorised access to the file, or just something that happens as part of the screening?
    If I delete this quarantined file am I deleting the htaccess file I read so much about?
    Again sorry if I appear stupid, we all have to start somewhere, and the guy who installed the plugin cannot be contacted.
    Thanks in advance

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

On the Quantine page you will see a Blue Read Me help button that contains help information about Quarantine and the same applies to all other Blue Read Me help buttons throughout BPS Pro.

In general you would want to click the View File Option in Quarantine if you are unsure about restoring the file using the Restore File Option or the Delete File Option.  If everything is working fine on your website then there would be no need to restore the file and you can choose the Delete File Option.

I am not exactly what action caused the file to be sent to Quarantine so as long as everything is working fine on your site you can safely choose the Delete File Option in Quarantine to delete the file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.