When WP gets an update, should we worry first for BPS compatibility?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro When WP gets an update, should we worry first for BPS compatibility?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Laurent
    Participant

I think this is a post that everyone will be interested in getting the answer.

Should we ask you if BPS (Free/Pro) is ready before updating WordPress to a major X.Y version?

Or does BPS have no dependency on the version of WordPress unlike other plugins?

If you can tag this thread “WordPress”, I’m sure it will help other new customers.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Like any good coder and developer I test WordPress Beta and RC versions with BPS/BPS Pro as soon as they are available from wordpress.org.

Laurent
    Participant

Which means that like any (not good but) great coder, your plugin is always ready when the WP update is released? :-p

Laurent
    Participant

And by the way, it’s funny you consider normal to be 100% ready when a WP udate is released because I see so many plugins that have bugs and have to fix it (this is usually  not an internal problem to their plugin but more a cross compatibility issue with another one).

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well nobody is perfect.  I missed something in the WP 5.6 upgrade.  Luckily it is not critical.  So yeah you can test all of your plugin’s features and still miss something.  BPS is relatively easy and quick to test.  BPS Pro on the other hand takes 2-3 hours of testing with any new version of WP.

Laurent
    Participant

Okay, so does that mean that it’s better to ask you before updating?

In that case, why not create a “WP updates” thread that we could add to our bookmarks for easy access?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope, asking me about things while I am working on those things will only slow the process down.  Unless I croak of Covid then assume I am on point. 😉  I hate making mistakes. I have only made 3 really bad ones in the last 9.5 years. So I quadruple check everything I create or do in BPS and BPS Pro.

Laurent
    Participant

Yeah, that’s why I suggested that you create a WP thread so that we don’t bother you one by one.
    But let’s do as you wish. 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah I get what you were saying, but I am trying to do less “extra” things since there are not enough hours in the day to get done what I want to get done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.