Your current Root .htaccess file is not locked – How to lock the Root htaccess file

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Your current Root .htaccess file is not locked – How to lock the Root htaccess file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Didier Ludwig
    Participant

Hello

After a lot of brute force attacks on several client websites, and repeated admin login blockings through BPS (free), I’ve bought BPS (Pro). Now, the Pre Installation Wizard says “Your current Root .htaccess file is not locked.” The htaccess file has permission 644. Which permission should it have then?

eehm, I was just asking which permission a root .htaccess file should have?… 🙂

Thanks in advance

Deed

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can lock your Root htaccess file by going to B-Core > htaccess File Editor > click the Lock htaccess File and Turn On AutoLock buttons.  BPS will change the 644 file permission to 404 file permission for your Root htaccess file.  Note:  If you do not see the Lock htaccess File and Turn On AutoLock buttons then your server type is DSO and the buttons are not displayed on DSO server types since you are not allowed to lock htaccess files on DSO server types.

https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

List of Web Hosts that require 644 .htaccess file permissions – 404 permissions are not allowed on these Hosts and will cause a 403 Error and or a 500 Internal Server Error – 444 file permissions may be allowed

webmasters.com
    LiquidWeb.com
    iPower
    iPage
    Fatcow
    Strato

Didier Ludwig
    Participant

It worked. I’m at site5.com. Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.