Whitelist for GravityScan IP range

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Whitelist for GravityScan IP range

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Rivett
    Participant

I agree that it does seem like an odd way of dealing with the issue. They rank it as a HIGH severity error, when in fact not being able to access a file that isn’t supposed to be accessible means – as you said – that it’s appropriately protected.

For what it’s worth, now that I’ve resolved the BPS vs. Gravityscan ‘problem’, I’m seeing a similar Gravityscan error for StopSpammers.

To some extend I supppose it’s inevitable that different security add-ons are going to step on each others’ toes, but the Gravityscan people don’t seem to be very friendly about it.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Very good point.  The “High severity” wording is going to make folks think there is a serious problem that needs to be “fixed”.  The warning error should be a low level warning of some kind and actually explain the issue to folks so they understand exactly what has occurred.  ie “it appears the plugin X is protecting file X and gravity scan is unable to scan file X. gravity scan was successfully able to scan all other X number of files. You can choose to ignore this warning or you can do X.”

Jeff Rivett
    Participant

I agree. I’m trying to configure Gravityscan to be less stupid about this, but without much success. If I’m unable to make any progress, I’ll stop using it.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.