WordPress eStore Plugin – members are not getting their downloads, digital downloads

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress eStore Plugin – members are not getting their downloads, digital downloads

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

I’ve tried a couple of different .* combos, but obviously I don’t know what I am doing as the security logs repeatedly have this line for a digital download we offer to members only. The file gets stamped with member information prior to download, so a new version with a really long file=… string ends the link. It shows in the logs as a 403 error and I worry some members are not getting their downloads – though none have reported an error either. Can this kind of random string be whitelisted?

REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/plugins/wp-cart-for-digital-products/download.php?file=21qZ..........

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You actually need a Plugin Skip/Bypass rule for this and not a Plugin Firewall whitelist rule.  The solution is in the link below.  Also I had trouble finding that topic.  That has to do with the crazy naming conventions that they use that are obviously done that way for SEO reasons to cover every possible search keyword, but it makes it real difficult for user friendliness to know/find the actual names for any of their products.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wp-estore-downloads-not-working-403-error/#post-10274

Alan
    Participant

excellent. thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.