Will BPS Pro automatically clean up a hacked website

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Will BPS Pro automatically clean up a hacked website

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hi,

If a site has malware already, will an installation of Bulletproof clean it ?

Or does the site has to be clean before installation ?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Answer|Solution:

What you can do is install BPS Pro to use MScan to find and delete any obvious malware/hacker files/code, but there is only 1 way to absolutely guarantee that your hosting account is 100% clean. I have created a help forum topic on how to cleanup a hacked hosting account > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordpress-hacked-wordpress-hack-cleanup-wordpress-hack-repair/

It is very easy to do the hack cleanup steps and the time frame is 30-60 minutes per site.

I have done 100’s of hosting account hack cleanups. Some of them go really quickly and some take longer. That depends on how long your hosting account has been hacked. Example: A typical hosting account hack is around 1-3 months before a website owner is aware that something is wrong. On the other hand, I have seen hosting accounts that have been hacked up to 7 years. The cleanup time is much longer because typically the hacker(s) has been busy and added lots of hacker files and code everywhere.

Let me know if you run into problems during the cleanup or have other questions.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.