Woocommerce PDF Invoices (Bas Elbers) fails to create invoice

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Woocommerce PDF Invoices (Bas Elbers) fails to create invoice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mersel
    Participant

Since an update of either the PDF Invoices plugin or BPS, woo-commerce fails to create invoices.

I do not see anything in the security log. I do see this however (PDF invoicing debug):

Error message detected – PDF file generation aborted.

copy(): Filename cannot be empty
    File: /home/mxxxxxxxl/domains/mxxxxl.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/includes/admin.php
    Line: 210

I have tried de-activating several BPS functions to pinpoint the issue but this did not solve the problem. I am therefore not completely sure if the issue is due to BPS blocking something that should be white listed or has nothing to do with BPS.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? Is there anything I can do to find out what the root cause is?

Kind regards,

Paul Mersel

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Interesting.  The PDF Invoices plugin detected a bug in BPS, which will be fixed in the next BPS plugin version release either today or tomorrow.  I am not sure why this bug in BPS would trigger the PDF Invoices plugin to abort PDF file generation.  Making a logical guess I would say that either the PDF Invoices plugin is designed to abort PDF file generation if it detects any PHP errors or the “PDF file generation aborted” message text is generic and the problem is not related to the BPS bug.

The bug/correction that needs to be fixed in the BPS plugin is this variable needs to be added at code line: 206 in the /bulletproof-security/admin/includes/admin.php file (highlighted in yellow below). Try adding this fix manually and see if the PDF Invoices plugin can now generate a PDF file.

// Copy and rename the blank.txt file to /master-backups - used for MScan Stop Scan
    $BPSblank = WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/blank.txt';
    $MScanStop = WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/bps-backup/master-backups/mscan-stop.txt';

if ( ! file_exists($MScanStop) ) {
    @copy($BPSblank, $MScanStop);
    }
    Paul Mersel
    Participant

Your response time and quality doesn’t seize to amaze me! This totally fixed the problem.

Thank you!

Paul Mersel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.