WooThemes – WooThemes Framework Deletes htaccess code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WooThemes – WooThemes Framework Deletes htaccess code

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Whenever I update my WooTheme options the BulletProof Security htaccess code is deleted.  My host is iPage and I cannot lock my root .htaccess file becasue iPage does not allow this.  I see this BPS Pro alert every time I save any Theme options.

BPS Pro Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security. 

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, you are in a catch 22 situation.  Since iPage does not allow you to lock your root .htaccess file then you will need to activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode again whenever you save a WooThemes option.  The WooThemes Framework uses the WordPress flush_rewrite_rules function whenever you activate a WooTheme or whenever you save any Theme options.  The WordPress flush_rewrite_rules function removes/deletes your root .htaccess file code and replaces it with generic WordPress .htaccess code.  Since iPage does not allow you to lock your root .htaccess file you cannot prevent the WooThemes Framework from deleting your root .htaccess file code and will need to activate root folder BulletProof Mode again.

*** WooThemes Framework Changelog **
     * admin-setup.php - Remove rewrite rules flush in admin_head on each load (now only flush rewrite rules on theme activation and on theme options save).
     * admin-interface.php - Added transient (set for 24 hours) to theme version checker, and converted theme update notifier to a WordPress admin notice at the top of the "Theme Options" screen. Flush rewrite rules when saving the "theme Options".

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.