WordPress Admin Dashboard blank

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress Admin Dashboard blank

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

I hope this email finds you doing well. Bulletproof Pro has been working flawlessly since our last communication almost a year ago. Thanks to your help. The other night I was in the process of updating, and all hell broke loose over at Bluehost, and their severs went down. I imagine it was due to a denial of service attack as was the case on several other providers that night. My problem is that I can not get to my admin dashboard. The page loads, but it is blank. Any thoughts or help on that? Last time that you helped, I provided you a log in to my cpanel.

Any help is much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Lee

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, the worldwide Brute Force Login attacks are wreaking havoc for web hosts all over the World.

I assume that you were upgrading WordPress when the Server became overloaded.  It may be simpler/quicker for you just to restore your website from a backup and reinstall the update again.   If you would like to manually fix your website then these are the steps you would use below.  You will need to turn Off AutoRestore using the arqdelete.php script and manually upload WordPress files to your website via FTP:

Reference/Source:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#ARQ-Troubleshooting
    Outdated/old info removed. The link above points to/goes to new current solution steps.

Lee
    Participant

YouYour guys rock!

I think that Bluehost customer service could learn a ton from you.

Thanks again for STELLAR service!

Andre
    Participant

As I think you are most probably right when it comes to terms of security. But all those hosters out there are not really in charge of the security of their users sites. And a DOS attack is hardcore, normally, for everybody. So, you are really doing best and are ahead of ca. 85% of website owners and care with the best services available for the security of your own sites.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well the issue is bigger than just individual website owners websites.  Example:  On our sites alone we are blocking over 280,000 Brute Force Login attacks per month.  Now multiply that number of requests (automated bot requests) by hosted website accounts hosted by a Web Host =  X 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000, 1,000,000,000 and that is going to be one helluva mess for a web host to deal with.  😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The only real shame is that bot traffic does not count as visitor traffic.  LOL  Just kidding of course.

Lee
    Participant

Well heck, I gave it a try, but no luck. Most likely it was my inability to follow your instructions.

Lee
    Participant

Ok I give up! It has been over a week since I have been able to log in to my account. I am tired of being locked out of my site. As a last ditch effort, I am thinking of deleting all and restoring from a backup at this point. HELP!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Use FTP and rename your plugins folder to /plugins-hold.  Can you login to your site now?

Lee
    Participant

Done, and no. Still blank white page.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok at this point send me an FTP login to the site and your WordPress Admin login.  If the site cannot be salvaged using FTP then I may need phpMyAdmin or your Host control panel login.  Most likely I can get everything working with FTP.  Send the login information directly to this email:  edward [at] ait-pro [dot] com.  Thanks.

Lee
    Participant

Once again AIT comes through. Great job E! Thanks for the outstanding customer service.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Very welcome.  Keep me posted on the fine tuning (settings, etc) things we discussed.  😉  Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.