WordPress in subdirectory wp-config.php file not seen

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress in subdirectory wp-config.php file not seen

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tsmit

Hi there, I did a fresh installation of en BPS Pro on a wordpress site. The website was in its own folder http://www.website.com/site and I followed the steps for displaying the website without the subfolder: http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory This include copying the .htaccess and index files and moving the wp-config.php to the root.  In F-lock an error is displayed, pointing to the wrong wp-config.php location.
    DSO – 0 File Permissions 

The wp-config.php file does not exist.

How can this be resolved? Does it need resolving?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You are not supposed to move the wp-config.php file to the root folder when you create a GWIOD site.  You are only supposed to move the .htaccess file and index.php file.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm that is strange.  I have a GWIOD site setup and the wp-config.php file is in the subdirectory.  Maybe something has changed.  My GWIOD test site is working fine so I am not sure if that really matters then.

Move (DON’T COPY) the wp-config.php file to your root directory.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh never mind.  I am using this setup / GWIOD site type.  So this GWIOD setup type only has you Copy (not move) the index.php and .htaccess file to the root folder.
    Moving a Root install to its own directory

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Which GWIOD site type do you have?

tsmit

Sorry for being an noob but could someone explain to me what a GWIOD site is?

tsmit

Fixed it by putting the config.php back in to the subdirectory,.. thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I was not sent an automated email notification that you replied back on this post topic.   Having email Server issues lately sorry about that.  GWIOD stands for Giving WordPress Its Own Directory.

I see you moved the wp-config.php file back to the default WordPress location, but if you want to move it back to where it was then all you would need to do in F-Lock is just select Turn Off Checking & Alerts for the wp-config.php file so that BPS Pro will no longer check that file to see if it is locked or not.  File locking is not that critical anymore after the newer AutoRestore/Quarantine security measure was created.  Since ARQ monitors files for any changes and if they have been changed then you will be notified immediately and the file will be automatically autorestored and / or quarantined.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.