WordPress – WordPress 404 Error page this page cant be found

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free WordPress – WordPress 404 Error page this page cant be found

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Roy
    Participant

I have WordPress set up in my domains root directory. And I am using the latest BP version 47.7 (as of this posting). However I have another script (my billing system) that is operating in a subdirectory (not subdomain). So the structure looks like this: http://mydomain.com/mybillingsystem/ In this billing system is a knowledgebase, and I have the knowledgebase set up to use SEO friendly url’s. The problem is when I access the knowledgebase and then click on an article link I am then redirected to the WordPress 404 Error page (this page can’t be found). This problem actually started about 60 days ago, or so. I haven’t had time to take a look until recently as I wasn’t really using the knowledgebase, but not I have added other functions that are not working because they are being redirected to the scripts index.php page, which is not the out come we are wanting. This billing script does not have its own htaccess file, so it appears the root access file that BP has access to is controling these issues. Can some one let me know what I need to change in the htaccess file so that my billing system is not being controlled by the root htaccess file in this manner? Thanks in advance. Roy

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You will need to add additional .htaccess code to the 3rd party billing .htaccess file so that rewriting occurs correctly for that subfolder.  The /mybillingsystem subfolder is a real physical folder/directory correct and not a virtual directory?

This is a php based application with a php index file correct?  index.php is in the /mybillingsystem folder correct?

You can use the basic/standard WordPress .htaccess code to do your URL rewriting in the /mybillingsystem folder or you can use one of these other methods for 3rd party apps outside of WordPress >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2252/bulletproof-security-plugin-support/checking-plugin-compatibility-with-bps-plugin-testing-to-do-list/#Custom-PHP-Applications-Outside-WordPress

# BEGIN Billing System

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /mybillingsystem/
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /mybillingsystem/index.php [L]

# END Billing System

Roy
    Participant

Yes, the /mybillingsystem folder is a real folder.
    The billing system I am using is WHMCS and its php and does have an index.php in the root folder which is /mybillingsystem (which isnt the real name).
    And currently there isn’t a .htaccess file in the root of the /mybillingsystem folder I will add the code you mentioned above into the WordPress .htacsess folder and see what happens, and of course I will change the name to the proper folder name.
    I will report back how it works, so it will be a benefit to others.
    Roy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.