WordPress Migration – Root to Subdirectory Move

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress Migration – Root to Subdirectory Move

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

I thought I should check with you before I start making changes…

I’m just about ready to point our home site’s URL to a subdirectory (blog). I think this is the easiest way of getting the new WP site up and running?

There is already an .htaccess file created by BPS (I’ve deactivated BPS for now). I need to add a few lines of code to the .htaccess file (see below). Can you tell me how I can safely do this with the BPS .htaccess file?

Add the following to your .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.)?YourDomain.com$
    RewriteRule ^(/)?$ blog [L]

1. In the above code, change the “YourDomain.com” value to your root domain.
    2. In the above code, change the “blog” value to the subdirectory.
    3. Save and upload the .htacess file back to your root directory.

Once I have the site pointed and reactive BPS will it function properly? I’m a bit nervous about turning BPS on again. I have a few more plugins – WordPress SEO, WP estore (Paypal) and Extra short codes for WP eStore, Jetpack and Simple Image Widget. I also have Simple Backup as well as backup from my host.

Are there any problems with BPS working on a site that’s pointed this way?? Any known conflicts with the plugins I have installed? Any other advice?

Thanks for your help!

Ingrid

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

No need to do these steps.  You are migrating your Root website to a subfolder correct?  Just follow these steps here: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/

Nope there are not any issues that I know of for the plugins you have listed. Also I recommend that you take a look at the new BPS Pro installation and setup Video Tutorial for BPS Pro 5.5.
    http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2841/bulletproof-security-pro/bulletproof-security-pro-overview-video-tutorial/

Also since your website URL will be changing then you will need to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key on the Activation page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.