wp-admin unavailable after moving to different host

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro wp-admin unavailable after moving to different host

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RobB
    Participant

I had been mailing about the issue a month ago aswell.
    The problem is that after I moved the site to a different host, that I could not go into wp-admin after BPS pro was activated.
    I could solve the issue by disabling everything from BPS pro, delete .htaccess and enable all.
    Then create a new .htaccess.
    After a month I see that the problem is back again.
    If I type: http://domainname/wp-admin I see  the message that:
    Browser has detected that the server request for this forward address, forwards in a way that will never end. (rough translation)
    But if I go to http://domainname/wp-admin/index.php everything works fine.
    Somehow wp-admin does not pickup the index.php when BPS pro is activated.

Is that a certain setting?

Thanks ahead,
    Rob B.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It sounds like you have a redirect problem.  The error message that you posted above does not actually exist.  There is a FireFox Browser error message that says this:  Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.  Is this the error message you are seeing?  If this is not the error message you are seeing then post the error message you are seeing so I begin troubleshooting.

RobB
    Participant

Hello,

I had a Dutch text and I had translated it as good as I could.
    Now I tried it with an English version of Cyberfox.

The page isn’t redirecting properly
    Cyberfox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I have found out by deactivating: Root Folder BulletProof Mode, that it redirects to wp-admin/index.php.
    And  that is linked to the .htaccess I think?

Thanks,

RobB

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so when Root BulletProof Mode is deactivated, which means a default WordPress htaccess file is used to replace the BPS secure htaccess then this problem occurs.  What type of WordPress site is this?  Single standard WordPress site or Network/Multisite WordPress site.  Is this site installed in the hosting account root folder or its own hosting account folder.  If this site is installed in its own hosting account folder then is there another htaccess file or website in the hosting account root folder?

Example:
    /.htaccess – file in the hosting account root folder
    /example-site/.htaccess – WordPress site installed in a hosting account folder named “example-site”.

RobB
    Participant

I think it is standard WordPress.
    But it is also Shared Hosting.
    And it is installed in the highest folder. In fact the root of the domain/webspace. In short within the WWW.
    I can throw the .htaccess away, and I think I did that previously and had BPSpro create a new one. That worked for a few days and then the trouble started all over again.

Thanks,

RobB

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok go ahead and do that and let me know if it works.

RobB
    Participant

Thrown away.
    And I can see that something had created a new .htaccess.
    And I can still access wp-admin. Lets see what happens.

Yet if I activate the Root Folder BulletProof Mode (RBM) it is wrong again.
    I cannot access wp-admin. only wp-admin/index.php
    And I see that a new .htaccess has been created.

Greetings,

Robb

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Either post your .htaccess file code in the forum or send it to: info at ait-pro dot com so I can take a look at it.  Also you have to manually deactivate AutoRestore so that a new root .htaccess file is not restored by AutoRestore. To manually deactivate AutoRestore: Rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder. Visit your website once. Rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder back to its original name.

RobB
    Participant

Hello,

I did de-activate Auto restore.
    And I did delete the .htaccess. (which was nothing you had asked for.)
    No results so far.
    I tried to rename the bullet proof folder as you had asked for. But I was not allowed to do so.
    Perhaps I did do something wrong here?

Thanks,
    RobB

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

How did you try to rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder?  FTP or web host control panel file manager?  Did you see an error message?  If so, what did the error message say?  If you would like for me to figure out and fix the problem then send me a WordPress Administrator login to this site and an FTP user account to your hosting account.  Email:  info at ait-pro dot com.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.