WP Core class files not found fatal errors

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WP Core class files not found fatal errors

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    aoba
    Participant

Hello there,

Just got these files in the quarantine,  all error_log

located in 2 folders mentioned in the title.

[03-Dec-2021 16:59:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'ParagonIE_Sodium_Core32_HSalsa20' not found in /home/wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32/XSalsa20.php:10
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
      thrown in /home/wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core32/XSalsa20.php on line 10

[03-Dec-2021 16:44:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'WP_REST_Revisions_Controller' not found in /home/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-autosaves-controller.php:18
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
      thrown in /home/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-autosaves-controller.php on line 18

[03-Dec-2021 17:14:55 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'WP_Sitemaps_Provider' not found in /home/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/class-wp-sitemaps-users.php:17
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
      thrown in /home/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/class-wp-sitemaps-users.php on line 17

Google search and wordpress.org search returned nothing.

Should i be concerned? Or is there something to do from my side?

As always.. Thanks for your help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If these php errors are occurring continuously then reinstall WordPress on the Dashboard > Updates page > Re-Install Now button.  If these php errors only occurred once or a few times then you can ignore them.  The php errors could have been caused by a temporary host server problem if they only occurred once or a few times.

aoba
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye on the reports. hopefully it’s a one time issue.

Have a good day.

aoba
    Participant

Hello,
    So i did a reinstall, but still the issue came with a log on wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core/Poly1305/error_log

[04-Dec-2021 06:28:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ParagonIE_Sodium_Core_Util' not found in /home/wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core/Poly1305/State.php:10
    Stack trace:
    #0 {main}
    thrown in /home/wp-includes/sodium_compat/src/Core/Poly1305/State.php on line 10

Can these break the site?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Found this possible cause for the problem > https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-install-the-site-is-experiencing-technical-difficulties/.

“The problem was that after updating my FTP client, a default setting was changed.
    The setting in question was “Convert file names to lowercase”. As a result the server was not able to find all of the files required to launch WordPress…”

Try these steps to fix this problem:
    Download the WordPress zip file > https://wordpress.org/download/
    Unzip the zip file on your computer.
    Go to the BPS Pro > AutoRestore page and turn off AutoRestore.
    Upload the wp-includes and wp-admin folders to your website using FTP and overwrite your existing WordPress files.
    Upload the WP root files (index.php, license.txt, readme.html, wp-activate.php, etc.) to your website root installation folder.
    Go to the BPS Pro Setup menu > Setup Wizard > Run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Doing a google search for this php error I found mostly Amazon hosted sites in the search results.  That could just be because the php error logs are publicly displayed in google search results for Amazon hosted sites.  Or it could mean that the problem is specific to Amazon hosting.  ie some kind of server-side issue like a bad php server installation/build is circulating on Amazon hosting.  Example: You are using a PHP 7.3 server installation/build that is fubar.  You switch to PHP 7.4 or PHP 8.x.x and everything works fine without any php errors, which means that the PHP 7.3 build/compile/installation on that particular server is fubar.

aoba
    Participant

Thanks for looking it up.

I’ve changed the php version from 7 to 8.. hope this fix it.

if not i will use your first suggestion and upload fresh copies of wp-includes and wp-admin

aoba
    Participant

Well, After changing the PHP to 8

Some other errors started to appear.

This one relates to BPS

[04-Dec-2021 19:27:39 UTC] PHP Warning:  copy(/home/wp-content/languages): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/arq-cron.php on line 343
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, I’m aware of that php error.  It is a nick nack error, which you can disregard.  This will be fixed in BPS Pro 16.2.

aoba
    Participant

Great, Thanks for your support.

aoba
    Participant

Is this also known issue?

[04-Dec-2021 19:28:21 UTC] PHP Warning:  copy(/home/wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/plugins.htaccess): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/general-functions.php on line 1738
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, also a known nick nack error that will be fixed in 16.2.  There is another one that I am aware of also > ini_set code in the wp-config.php file: PHP Warning:  ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module’s ini settings at this time in /public/wp-config.php on line 99.  So far it looks like just a total of 3 php errors to fix in BPS Pro 16.2.  All insignificant nick nack errors.

aoba
    Participant

Good,

Will keep you posted if any other issue came up related to BPS.

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.